Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: disable screen lock after sleep

Beans

Wink Re: disable screen lock after sleep

Do not know if you guys already solved this but I have a fix. Obviously you're not doing it right. Open gconf editor, do the above steps at apps., where you uncheck all 3 locks (screensaver, suspend and hibernate), but you also have to step back to main tree of gconf editor, desktop, gnome, lockdown, and finally check the: disable_lock_screen. Then reboot and try to suspend, no prompt screen should appear and it should take you to your desktop.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: disable screen lock after sleep

Settings are immediate - this is not windoze ....You wont need to reboot
    0,= ,-_-. =.
    ((_/)o o(\_))
    ` `-'(. .)`-'
    000\_/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Thanks guys, just came looking for that info, and that did the trick for me - had to do what tani1981 said too, before it was fixed.

What a relief! My laptop has a borked keyboard and I am currently using synergy with it from a mac. Had to plug in a kb to log in before I could carry on with work....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by tani1981 View Post
    Do not know if you guys already solved this but I have a fix. Obviously you're not doing it right. Open gconf editor, do the above steps at apps., where you uncheck all 3 locks (screensaver, suspend and hibernate), but you also have to step back to main tree of gconf editor, desktop, gnome, lockdown, and finally check the: disable_lock_screen. Then reboot and try to suspend, no prompt screen should appear and it should take you to your desktop.
    That really seems like overkill, though; in order to prevent the screen from locking when I don’t ask it to, I have to prevent the screen from locking at all.

I wish they’d fix this stupid bug >_<

Beans

@MountainX thank you! That fixed it for me! And a big thanks to the 11.04 developers for fixing the suspend/screen blank problems in this new release

Beans

Made the SAME mistake the previous poster pointed out. DO NOT USE SUDO when launching GCONF-EDITOR. Then uncheck the appropriate boxes.
    Thanks!
    They really need to fix this bug so I can just shut it off in the Screensaver settungs. Have have this happen in several itterations of Ubuntu.
    Running 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by mcduck View Post
    There's a bug in the indicator-applet-session (the panel applet with shutdown buttons etc) that causes it to lock the screen when suspending (or switching users etc), regardless of what the actual gconf settings for screen locking are.

Currently there's no workaround other than using some other means to suspend the machine than through that applet.
    For anyone interested, it is this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...er/+bug/255228

Beans

Smile Re: disable screen lock after sleep

Quote Originally Posted by MountainX View Post
    Here's my solution. It works on the Gateway LT2115u (LT-Series) which is a rebranded Acer Aspire One 532h.

Open the terminal, and type gconf-editor. Do NOT use sudo or you will not change the settings for your own user account!
    In the left pane of the window that comes up go to apps > gnome-power-manager > lock .
    On the right, UNCHECK suspend and hibernate and everything else except for use_screensaver_settings (this is the only one that is CHECKED)

Now go to main menu: system > preferences > screen saver
    At the bottom of the window that comes up, uncheck "lock screen when screensaver is active"

The following commands should do the same thing...
    Code:
    gconftool-2 --type boolean -s /apps/gnome-power-manager/lock/blank_screen false
    gconftool-2 --type boolean -s /apps/gnome-power-manager/lock/gnome_keyring_hibernate false
    gconftool-2 --type boolean -s /apps/gnome-power-manager/lock/gnome_keyring_suspend false
    gconftool-2 --type boolean -s /apps/gnome-power-manager/lock/hibernate false
    gconftool-2 --type boolean -s /apps/gnome-power-manager/lock/suspend false
    gconftool-2 --type boolean -s /apps/gnome-power-manager/lock_use_screensaver_settings true
    gconftool-2 --type boolean -s /apps/gnome-screensaver/lock_enabled false
    I wanted to thank you for the quick command list for committing the lock screen/blank screen as well as the hibernate/suspend information. It worked well on 32-Bit Desktop Edition on 11.04 Natty and 11.10 Oneiric.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12