Thread: New Printer advice?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

New Printer advice?

Hi,
    I bought an Epson DX4450 about a year ago and I'm at the point now where I'm ready to cut my losses, for the 10 minutes in all this time where it hasn't shown the red blinking light of death I've printed about 5 pages in all. I might as well have shredded money into a fine powder and injected it into the cartridges for what it's cost me trying to get this <insert favourite expletive> printer to give me a green light!

</rant over>

Anyway, I want either a good quality inkjet that works well under Ubuntu (Karmic) and doesn't cost much to run. Alternatively I wouldn't mind a mono laser as I don't print in colour all that much anyway.

I've heard good things about the Pixma range but has anyone had any really positive experiences that they can share?

Beans

Re: New Printer advice?

Quote Originally Posted by dnel View Post
    Hi,
    I bought an Epson DX4450 about a year ago and I'm at the point now where I'm ready to cut my losses, for the 10 minutes in all this time where it hasn't shown the red blinking light of death I've printed about 5 pages in all. I might as well have shredded money into a fine powder and injected it into the cartridges for what it's cost me trying to get this <insert favourite expletive> printer to give me a green light!

</rant over>

Anyway, I want either a good quality inkjet that works well under Ubuntu (Karmic) and doesn't cost much to run. Alternatively I wouldn't mind a mono laser as I don't print in colour all that much anyway.

I've heard good things about the Pixma range but has anyone had any really positive experiences that they can share?
    ive had an old epson cx3200 for years now approx 8, always been still able to get cheap £3.oo cartriges, didnt use it for about a year, plugged in new ink auto cleaned the nozzles with gui and started working quite normally without any faults. (i expected it to be clogged but it was not)
    look for cheap inks latest model and compatibility. ive saved a fortune.