Hey everyone. I have a Late 2011 Macbook pro. For the hard disk, I currently have a 120GB SSD in my mac (aftermarket from other world computing). Its blazingly fast, but there's not a lot of room for "stuff." Right now I have steam putting things on an external hard disk, as well as itunes. That was my plan originally - i still have the 500GB disk that came with the system.

However, for work purposes I would really like to be able to tri-boot my laptop (windows, and linux). I tried tried installing as I wanted and had great success, but it left me with very VERY limited room for storage. After doing some research people are pointing to thunderbolt external devices as being bootable, so maybe I have some hope.

Has anyone played with installing windows or linux on these guys? I've been scouring the net trying to find information and I haven't seen anything. 600$ (western digital duo) is a lot of cash to shell out for something that may not work - but if I can install windows and linux externally, I'll buy one this very minute.