Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9.10 - Wifi - RTL8187SE - Causing Kernel Panic

Beans

Re: 9.10 - Wifi - RTL8187SE - Causing Kernel Panic

OK i'll go out and buy the Intel 4965AGN and see if i get better results from the intel driver - i'll post back the results.

what tools do you need anyway? i've not come across a laptop yet that cant be opened up with a single screw driver.

Beans

Nothing major really, but it does use "star" screws on some parts of the laptop.

All my tools are back home, but I'm away at Uni.
    Last edited by anchor; November 14th, 2009 at 10:45 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by anchor View Post
    Nothing major really, but it does use "star" screws on some parts of the laptop.

All my tools are back home, but I'm away at Uni.
    oh you mean Torx, oh well, you could buy a torx set for under a tenner but...

good luck!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

After reading this thread I foolishly assumed replacing the WiFi card should be easy. Well, it's not.

I failed to replace the WiFi card in my Toshiba T115-S1100.

It's not like many other laptops or netbooks I have seen where the WiFi card is right under a cover, so it's just a couple of screws away.

It's quite difficult to open the case. I struggled for about an hour and still could not open it all the way. There is something holding the top part right where the HDD case is.

At any rate I was able to pry it open enough to see where the WiFi card is. It's right below the label "Satellite" on the front left. The hight of the PCB is about 20-25 mm, but the Intel 4965AGN I have is about twice that (50 mm). In other words it won't fit.

Just wanted to share this to avoid the hassle for others
    Ubuntu 9.10 (32-bit) --- HP mini 311 (stock) All hardware works out of the box, including suspend. You can play HD movies. Battery lasts more than 4 hours. Only issue is flash on full screen is choppy. Waiting for Adobe to improve performance on ION

Beans

Sorry to bump this old post, but I'm having the exact problem. I tried ndiswrapper.. Nothing. Tried loading the driver up in ndiswrapper, then unloading ndiswrapper and loading rtl8187se... nothing. Tried updating the system, nothing. Tried getting the driver from that other site you posted, all download mirrors have a broken link. I'm out of ideas. Has anyone else found a solution?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123