Thread: Pulseaudio Skype Mic question ...

Hybrid View

Beans

Pulseaudio Skype Mic question ...

After a lot of time (and negative votes) I decided to install pulseaudio, since sound in my 9.10 system was not working properly. And I must admit that solved almost all of my sound problems. All is left is a small one. My mic works perfectly. I tested it under audacity. But when it comes to skype I can't get it working. In skype preferences, all my sound devices options is "PulseAudio Server (local)". I have no other option, but mic still doesn't work.The thing now is that I don't know what could I search for solving this.

Thanx in advance for any help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Pulseaudio Skype Mic question ...

The problem is with skype 2.1. I had the same issue, I basically uninstalled skype 2.1 completely. Then I downloaded skype 2.0 and when you go into the sound settings it now allows you to choose other options in the dropdown menu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'm having the same problem with Skype 2.10, and since Skype 2.0 randomly hangs, it looks like I have a choice between Skype that hangs or Skype that doesn't actually access my sound devices.
    New desktop: Ubuntu 10.04 | i5 2500 K CPU | 8 GB RAM | GTX 560 Ti | c. 1.6 TB HD ||| Old desktop: Xubuntu 8.04 | Intel 1.8 GHz CPU | 2 GM RAM | Approx. 650 GB HD ||| Netbook: Xubuntu 10.04 | AMD Dual-core 1.6 GHz | 2 GB RAM | 320 GB HD

Beans

[SOLVED] Re: Pulseaudio Skype Mic question ...

Finally solved !!!

Code:
    padevchooser
    And then pick padevchooser > volume control > Recording > show :: All streams

Then Skype > Options > Sound devices > make a test call and play around with the options given in the volume control panel from the padevchooser.

Beans

Re: [SOLVED] Re: Pulseaudio Skype Mic question ...

Quote Originally Posted by abominable View Post
    Finally solved !!!

Code:
    padevchooser
    And then pick padevchooser > volume control > Recording > show :: All streams

Then Skype > Options > Sound devices > make a test call and play around with the options given in the volume control panel from the padevchooser.
    Thank you so much. Worked.
    For those who need a touch more explanation (it isnt too intuitive)
    Launch padevchooser, and keep the Volume Control window open. Then, do a test call. Only then will you be able to see it in the Control. Make your changes there, and you will be AOK to make your real call just after that. At least, that is how I am doing it for now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I had a similar problem; fixed it by unchecking Skype's option to automatically control the sound level.