Thread: My own hate thread! (Take a look plz!!)

Beans

My own hate thread! (Take a look plz!!)

Hey there this is my VERY OWN hate thread.

You know, I recently tried Windows 7... It was horrible. It was unstable, lasted for 2 weeks on my laptop due to driver issues. Why can't M$$$$ do ANYTHING right?

...and then I woke up.

Fedora also failed on this laptop. So did SuSE. Also Xubuntu gave me headache, Kubuntu didn't bother to start installing. But hey, they're free, right?

What is this topic about anyway? About the idiotism seen among (new) Linux users. This would be your typical example:

Microsoft creates Vista -> "Boohoo it sucks, linux ftw lol "
    Microsoft creates Win7 -> "Boohoo will it KILL Linux? "

Honestly, what? People actually DISLIKE when Microsoft releases something good? What for? "Linux" dying? If so, so what? The whole "Linux" is built on enthusiatism and hobbyism, which does not go away even if "Big bad M$$$" released "*******" for free, opened the source and started to support free software. ...but I guess that people here would dislike it.

Who benefits from Windows' failures(Vista)? -- "Linux!!" ..
    Who benefits from Windows' success(XP/Win7)? -- "M$$!!!" ..
    What about the end users who actually use the software?

That's how I see what is going on here in UF. As far as I can recall, it wasn't this bad earlier(Back in 2006 when I started using Ubuntu).

That brings me to my other point; why does this happen here in UF? I can't see similar shitstorm in for example Arch's forums, why is that? Hey, I got a theory: Ubuntu is usually the first distro to try out for those seeking freedom of big bad "M$", then they gather around to the same place, sit in a ring and yeah. Once they realize that "Oh, Linux isn't anything special really, im almost getting bored of this", they move forward, drop caring about the "big bad M$" and cut the *. In short -> New linux users = hatred towards MS. Ubuntu is being used by new linux users -> *storm happens here.

Now I'll go back to my cave and chuckle from there. Play it nice.

Beans

Re: My own hate thread! (Take a look plz!!)

yeah, you are right

another, additional thing is: people just want to see "failure" and then discuss about it afterwards. Its like scandals of celebrities to them.

So if Vista or anything fails, there will be discussions on how bad and so on the system is and how even worse the behaviour of the manufacturer is/was.

If (in this case) Microsoft brings up a good product (I don't know if 7 is good, but anyway), people want to see failure. Failure of "the Linux" --> whatever this means to them... in this case it might just mean "Ubuntu". When 7 fails, its also okay to them - they just need a topic for discussions.
    But they don't want to see failure because they want to see someone fail - no, they just want to discuss about it and do their "judgements" what was made wrong and so on. Its like at a hairdresser... "oh did you hear last night, what Britney Spears has done?" "No, what?" "she did this and this..." "Scandalous!!!!!!!!!"...

And mixed into all this, there are "theories to improve Linux" - done like "look, guys I am the new checker over here, I am the one you have waited for so long. I know how to play the game" - just because they have used Firefox in Windows (*wow* applause, congratulations...). And then "The Linux" gets "hints" and "tips" on "how to win the war".
    These "tips and hints" are just old, lame things which would make "The Linux" more and more to a Windows clone... and the "war"... which war? There is no war. But this doesn't matter to the new "checkers in da hood" - they will "lead and guide us"... so just ignoring them is the best....

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

I am really amazed at how some of the new folks throw around phrases like "Ubuntu promised this,or that",'supposed to "Just work",bla,bla,bla. Then if you happen to supply them a link to an answer,they become seemingly unwilling to follow simple directions,or are just not willing to at least try to learn a little something.

Beans

To be fair man, I gave Windows 7 a fair shot and it gave me... a nightmare. lol

It's polished and stuff on the surface, but underneath I just feel like it's a mess ._.

It couldn't stay up for long during my usual multi-tasking endeavours that I get away with on a plasmoid and composite window laden KDE 4!

I never said I liked Fedora or openSUSE really anyway... I said I liked UBUNTU! One breaking has no relevance to another breaking, they are different operating systems
    Registered Ubuntu user #28880