Thread: Hp G60-535DX Sound issues

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hp G60-535DX Sound issues

Hi all

I have just purchased a hp G60-535DX and am running ubuntu 9.10 I am having a couple of problems however. First I cant get the built in mic to record any sound, Second when I plug in my headphones the sound plays through them but still continues to come through the laptop speakers. Does anyone know if this is a fixable problem and are the two related. I tried installing the newest alsa-driver-1.0.21 in hopes that it would work but alas I got nothing.

Thanks for the help,
    Pete
    Last edited by pete1983; November 4th, 2009 at 04:51 AM.

Beans

Re: Hp G60-535DX Sound issues

I have the same problem with my HP G60-519WM. Please help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I have the same laptop(Hp G60-535DX) and same issue with the mic and speakers. The built-in webcam, however, works fine with Skype.

I found this thread http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Noteboo...age-uid/159141 in which windows 7 users have the issue with the mic in other laptop hp models.

In any case, I have also tried pluging in an external mic and the surprise was that the external mic did not work either. I've tested that external mic in my desktop pc and works great.
    Last edited by moz44; December 8th, 2009 at 08:03 PM.

Beans

Unfortunately I have exactly the same problems on my HP G60-535DX notebook. Microphone does not work, headphones do not work. I have also an unreliable wireless network connection.

Webcam works with Skype, but since the microphone does not work, it is pretty useless.

I installed Ubuntu 9.10 and Fedora 12 with the same results. I suppose it is a kernel problem.

Beans

Hello guys,

I have a laptop: HP G60-535DX.
    It was installed by default Windows 7 on it. when I had bought it, but I prefer to work in Unix environment. Then, I installed Fedora12. It works great, a part when I try to do phone call by skype: I can hear people talking, and also the webcam works fine; but I cannot talk. I mean, people cannot hear me. The microphone does not work, internal microphone or external device; and when I plug the headset, the sound comes from both, speakers and headset. I didn't find how to switch off the sound from the speakers when listening to music from the headset.

Does anybody know how to solve the problem?

I found in an online guide how to have manual commands: headset-on and headset-off, to enable or disable the sound from the speakers...but it looks the system on my laptop is transparent to this commands....Please, any help is welcome!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

HP G60-530US has the same problem for me as well.
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...11/+bug/573674
    maybe if you still have the problem you could add any relevant info you have to the bug report to see if that helps fix things