Thread: USB devices do not re-connect after suspend (9.10)

Beans

USB devices do not re-connect after suspend (9.10)

I have a Thinkpad T60p, and it has several "usb" devices built in. These include a fingerprint reader and my Sierra Wireless (ie. 3G modem) card.

After I suspend the laptop, and resume (which works fine), these devices are disconnected, and I don't know how to reconnect them. I can "reconnect" the Sierra Wireless card by simply flipping the switch to disable all wireless devices (wifi, bluetooth and 3G), and then flipping it back on again. This works. I don't know what to do about the fingerprint reader.

I even tried doing:
    rmmod sierra usbserial
    modprobe sierra

This does not reset the device, I have to "unplug" it (by flipping the switch) and "plug" it in again.

This is probably related to this post about the touchpad (I disabled the touchpad on my laptop, I hate touch pads).

This all worked perfectly on 9.04 (ie. before upgrade).

Beans

Re: USB devices do not re-connect after suspend (9.10)

Bump. This is a REALLY annoying problem, anyone have any ideas where to look or workarounds?

Beans

Re: USB devices do not re-connect after suspend (9.10)

Yep, I have the same issue. It is being dealt with here, I hope.

Beans

Thumbs down Re: USB devices do not re-connect after suspend (9.10)

Actually my issue is Bug #405053.

And the workaround listed in that bug also works for me.

I found out it's only the sierra wireless card that is being 'rfkill' blocked on resume. The fingerprint reader problem seems to be that for some reason the thinkfinger pam configuration got reverted (I just enabled it again and my fingerprint reader works just fine).