hi,
i m pretty sure tht this is not exactly the right place to post but i m desperate for help n i have already tried a lot of other forums n this is the only forum whr i have always got the help tht i needed.(although previously it was always related to linux)

so the thing is tht i m a software engineering student n m trying to design an IDE as part of a project. wat i m trying to do is design an IDE tht lets the user write and compile code but the difference being tht the actual compiler is running on the server not the local machine. the local machine only has my software which basically would be a frontend interface n nothin more. whn the user presses compile , it will send the code to the server whre a command like "gcc filename -o flename" willl compile it n give back ny errors if thr r ny n so on.

my question is Is it possible to do this , i mean i see how to do it till the part whr a command is run on the server but its a bit out of my imagination how to take the output n thn show it on the client software??

english is not my first language so if sumthing is ambiguous i will again explain it but plz plz help me out hre.
thanking in anticipation.

Regards
khizar