Quote Originally Posted by zob View Post
I hope I'm not hijacking anything here. I'm convinced that we have the same problem.

So I will give my lsusb.

Code:
lars@lars-desktop:~$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0499:1011 Yamaha Corp. P-250
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 05e3:0606 Genesys Logic, Inc. USB 2.0 Hub / D-Link DUB-H4 USB 2.0 Hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0bc2:3101 Seagate RSS LLC 
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
This is the same with the printer on or off. Strangely it is the only thing that doesn't get recognized. Also it doesn't help to move the printercable to another position, fx. where something else has been recognized. And at the moment it's in the back of the computer, not in a hub (though I've tried that to).

It's not there. I does get recognized (same cable and everything) in my windows dual-boot.

Please arepaking. Tell me if you do any progress. And also tell me if you think my case is not related and I'm hijacking your thread.

Oh and System>Administration>Printing is empty. Very empty.
Kind of brings us to a dead stop if you are connecting straight to the PC (not a hub) and it is not even showing up under lsusb.

I'd say run a dmesg | tail, but it seems silly if it is not being detected by lsusb.

I also read in another thread at one time, there was a conflict issue with the Parallel and USB ports. I bet this is the issue again. It was buried in this mess someplace.