Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Bit New To All This, Please Lend A Hand

Beans

Re: Bit New To All This, Please Lend A Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Geek9 View Post
    sorry been busy for awhile, kinda lost track I'll report back as soon as I jump back into the project
    You'll have a HOWTO right?, or at least a bottle of excedrin!

Barrie
    Debian Stable
    FluxBox
    Mark Your Thread Solved

Beans

Are you behind a router? If you are you should set a fixed IP for your server. Then log into your router and open the specific ports you need and point them at your server. If you don't have a static IP then you also need to use something like www.dyndns.org to forward to your dynamic IP, this requires a little more work because you need to update your different IP (after a disconnect) at dyndns.org. There are a couple ways of doing that. Sometimes routers have a builtin function for dyndns, and there are programs which will also do it. Then you should be able to connect to your box from outside your home network.

Beans

lol well I'm sorry it took me so long, but I'm back and boy have I learned from my mistakes, it feels so painful looking at how obvious my problems are. But I'm back and I learned, so first off I just wanna say thanks to all these patients souls, and finally I need just a touch of help getting my weak system to recognize the second internal drive.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789