Thread: jbd2_log_wait_commit Bindwood

Beans

Question jbd2_log_wait_commit Bindwood

With a clean install of Karmic and the Bindwood extension enabled, Firefox grays out like every 30 seconds or so and then comes back. If I open the system monitor it shows Firefox has a status of "uninteruptable" and switches waiting channel from "poll_schedule_timeout" and "jbd2_log_wait_commit" every few seconds.

Without Bindwood there are no gray outs and the status is "sleeping" and the channel stays mostly as "poll_schedule_timeout" and only occasionally goes to "jbd2_log_wait_commit"

I've had very bad luck with Bindwood and think maybe it's best to just lose it. Will I be losing much?
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

George Santayana (1863–1952)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: jbd2_log_wait_commit Bindwood

Same problem here.
    "It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." -Albus Dumbledore
    Flickr - tumblr - Last.fm - PGP-Key - Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Merovius View Post
    With a clean install of Karmic and the Bindwood extension enabled, Firefox grays out like every 30 seconds or so and then comes back. If I open the system monitor it shows Firefox has a status of "uninteruptable" and switches waiting channel from "poll_schedule_timeout" and "jbd2_log_wait_commit" every few seconds.

Without Bindwood there are no gray outs and the status is "sleeping" and the channel stays mostly as "poll_schedule_timeout" and only occasionally goes to "jbd2_log_wait_commit"

I've had very bad luck with Bindwood and think maybe it's best to just lose it. Will I be losing much?
    Sorry to hear Bindwood isnt' working properly for you. The initial unresponsiveness is expected but that should be a one time thing, not on-going. I just replied to a similar thread here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...81&postcount=4

Thank you,

Joshua

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Uninstalling Bindwood worked for me. Too bad Bindwood doesn't work. That was one of the best things about Ubuntu One.

Beans

I may try cleaning out some of my bookmarks and then re enable Bindwood and let it go for a few hours. Maybe I just need to let it get caught up initially.

Beans

This morning I enabled Bindwood and left it go for 20 minutes or so while I was getting going. As of the last 15 minutes of using Firefox it has been OK.

I will try a reboot and add a favorite to see what happens.

Beans

No good. after adding one favorite and restarting it grayed out and I had to wait several minutes for it to come back. Disabled again I'm afraid.
    Last edited by Merovius; November 6th, 2009 at 12:09 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Merovius View Post
    No good. after adding one favorite and restarting it grayed out and I had to wait several minutes for it to come back. Disabled again I'm afraid.
    We have a fix just about ready. I'm trying to see if we can get this into updates or, at the very least, into our PPA. Please follow bug https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bindwood/+bug/443121 right now for more info. I know it says "Fix Released" there, we'll need to either change this or create a new bug that I'll post a link to in order to track the progress.

Thank you,

Joshua

Beans

Thanks. Will check it out.