Thread: Blank screen after login

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Blank screen after login

Hello everybody,
    I've just started using Ubuntu Jaunty two weeks ago (after having enough of Vista) and so far it has been a nice experience. everything was fine till I tried to
    change the default login screen to the 'human circle' one.

Now sometimes there is noting except a blank screen after I give my Login ID,password.
    But I can logn using the recovery mode.the problem is this does not happen every time.
    any idea why is it happening and how to solve it?

i've seen similar threads in the forum but the discussion is a bit advanced for me.I'm entirely new to linux.

please help......

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Blank screen after login

Link: Help Vampires? * * * Please Edit First Post Title With "[SOLVED]" When It Is!
    MANDATORY INFORMATION: make, model/build number, OSes, software, accessories
    /customizations/modifications/peripherals/etc...and a DETAILED account of difficulties!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Sorry LewRockwell, didn't get the idea. i haven't upgraded to Karmic as my jaunty was working fine for me till I screwed it up.

Do you mean turning off compiz will solve the issue??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

C'mon guys!

Well may be i've turned circumspect after i screwed up my GDM and don't wnat to do anything without knowing where's that going to get me but i've had a very happy experience of using ubuntu so far and i don't want to spoil it because of my own silly mistake.

Please I need HELP............