Thread: How do you use this forum?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

How do you use this forum?

I've been looking at this forum for several months now. What has happened (for me) is that, if I have a question or a problem, I post it in "Absolute Beginner Talk" (because that is, essentially, what I am), for anything else, I come to "The Community Cafe". I rarely look at any of the other area on this forum; and, when I do, they seem rather thin. So, tell me, what areas of this forum do you frequent?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: How do you use this forum?

Absolute Beginner Talk (for beginners in Ubuntu who have questions and/or need help).

General Help (where you can ask general questions about Ubuntu and/or seek general help).

The Community Cafe (where you can chat about almost anything non political, or religious).
    Last edited by Tipped OuT; November 1st, 2009 at 01:42 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I have feeds for:

Absolute Beginner Talk, Desktop Environments, General Help, Installation & Upgrades, Multimedia & Video, Multimedia Production, Security Discussions, Tutorials & Tips, The Community Cafe and Lucid Lynx Testing and Discussion. Nevertheless, I sporadically visit other forums like the Programming Talk.

I don't create many new threads. I usually find what I need with Google site search.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I usually spend my time here in the cafe because I'm competent enough to keep my machine running, but I sometimes visit Absolute Beginners because I can help out there occasionally. I also used to spend a bit of time in games, but I don't really play games anymore.

Beans

I think I've just reached a point using Linux where it's nice to just sit back and chat about it

I'm fairly good with the techie side now so I'm not asking for support too often (plus Ubuntu is very friendly), and it's just nice to chill out and talk

Besides, Linux is steadily reaching a point where it might achieve more mainstream success, and it's quite nice to talk about that, I find I learn a lot!
    Registered Ubuntu user #28880

NoaHall is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I used to answer a lot, but after writing "System -> Admin -> Hardware Drivers" a million times, I got bored. So now I check out the cafe, 64 bit, programming, and sometimes beginners.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Here, El cafe de la comunidad, I mean, community cafe.

Sometimes General Help, Absolute Beginner Talk, Multimedia, and Tutorials.
    Esos son mis 2 centavos.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Cool Re: How do you use this forum?

I look at CC, Beginners and Testimonials.

The rest of the time I just hit the "New Posts" button a lot.

When there is a new release, like now, I just try and remember the Edgy, Feisty, Gutsy days when every upgrade/update screwed the systems up every time it seemed.

NO SLEEP 'TILL BROOKLYN!
    If at first you don't succeed - just buy the company and tell them to make the one you want.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Almost everything.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Usually just the Cafe with only occasional forays into the AB section.
    There are people better able than me to help beginners out and as an 8.04 user I'm very definitely behind the times.