Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast

Thread: PulseAudio Equalizer Script

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: PulseAudio Equalizer Script

Quote Originally Posted by jsevi83 View Post
    Well, with integration I meant to have a launcher to start the equalizer. The same way there is a Banshee shortcut (or any other music player) when you click on the volume icon.
    Oh, that's easy.

You create a launcher, then select application for the type. In the command box put this:
    Code:
    pulseaudio-equalizer-gtk
    Here's something to stick in the comment field if you want:
    Code:
    PulseAudio LADSPA Interface Using MBEQ Multiband EQ Plugin

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I haven't had a chance to try the new script yet. How is it with static noise? The version I'm running gets noisy when you adjust any settings, or the volume.

ivanovnegro is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by Lancelot59 View Post
    I haven't had a chance to try the new script yet. How is it with static noise? The version I'm running gets noisy when you adjust any settings, or the volume.
    Thats normal, its a known issue that cannot be changed. Be aware also you are using something that has no more maintainance, at least not really from the author of the script.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by ivanovnegro View Post
    Thats normal, its a known issue that cannot be changed. Be aware also you are using something that has no more maintainance, at least not really from the author of the script.
    I thought someone else had taken it over. I know it was a known issue, but I wanted to know if the newer version addressed the problem. Do you know what the cause of it is?

Beans
    Distro

I thought someone else had taken it over. I know it was a known issue, but I wanted to know if the newer version addressed the problem. Do you know what the cause of it is?
    Sorry, I did not try the newer patched version, the problem is that I dont understand who made new patches for it and if it was because of this issue or something else. If you use the newer patched version from WebUpd8 and you still suffer from the same bug then it is obviously at the same stage.
    Its a pity, but I dont see anymore advantages to use a left project.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Sorry, I did not try the newer patched version, the problem is that I dont understand who made new patches for it and if it was because of this issue or something else. If you use the newer patched version from WebUpd8 and you still suffer from the same bug then it is obviously at the same stage.
    Its a pity, but I dont see anymore advantages to use a left project.
    I'm curious as to why this feature isn't implemented into ALSA or Pulseaudio by default. Also, I noticed that the eq breaks sound coming from firefox.

Beans
    Distro

I'm curious as to why this feature isn't implemented into ALSA or Pulseaudio by default. Also, I noticed that the eq breaks sound coming from firefox.
    And it breaks also the sound from Skype. Dont understand me wrong, its usable, for me has a great sound, I used it one year but its buggy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

And it breaks also the sound from Skype. Dont understand me wrong, its usable, for me has a great sound, I used it one year but its buggy.
    Equalization is actually needed for my speakers to function properly. Otherwise the metal grille above the speakers on my laptop resonate horribly. It just sucks that it breaks so many other things.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

It would be nice to have this equalizer in the sound indicator. I mean when you click on the volume icon, having a launcher there like there is a banshee launcher.

Beans
    Hidden!

I get an error when installing

Code:
    Fetched 4,767 B in 3s (1,222 B/s)
    W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/psyke83/ppa/ubuntu/dists/natty/main/source/Sources  404  Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/psyke83/ppa/ubuntu/dists/natty/main/binary-i386/Packages  404  Not Found

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package pulseaudio-equalizer

Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast