Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: PulseAudio Equalizer Script

Beans

Re: PulseAudio Equalizer Script

Thanks, the equalizer script works just fine! After some fine-tuning I actually find my old headphones barely acceptable again! Points for that!

And the new Pulseaudio equalizer... I downloaded the newer pulseaudio from here:
    https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-audio-dev/+archive/ppa
    However, there is no module-dbus-protocol.so file in the pulseaudio package. Therefore, I can't test qpaeq.py script, nor the "newer and better" equalizer. So ATM I'm using 0.9.21 and pulseaudio-equalizer deb from the first post.

Has anyone managed to get the Python script working on 9.10 64-bit?

EDIT: There doesn't seem to be the missing DBUS module in nevions PPA neither... Back to square one. I also tried to compile Pulseaudio from git, but still nothing...
    Last edited by MattiViljanen; December 8th, 2009 at 01:53 AM. Reason: No DBUS

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MattiViljanen View Post
    Thanks, the equalizer script works just fine! After some fine-tuning I actually find my old headphones barely acceptable again! Points for that!

And the new Pulseaudio equalizer... I downloaded the newer pulseaudio from here:
    https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-audio-dev/+archive/ppa
    However, there is no module-dbus-protocol.so file in the pulseaudio package. Therefore, I can't test qpaeq.py script, nor the "newer and better" equalizer. So ATM I'm using 0.9.21 and pulseaudio-equalizer deb from the first post.

Has anyone managed to get the Python script working on 9.10 64-bit?

EDIT: There doesn't seem to be the missing DBUS module in nevions PPA neither... Back to square one. I also tried to compile Pulseaudio from git, but still nothing...
    Sorry about that, I don't personally run ubuntu so I don't test it's packages as much. The packages should be fixed now and at least include the modules themselves (I inspected the results myself . Everything should work on 9.10 amd64 and i386.

On the compiling note you must have libfftw3-dev and libdbus1-dev installed for the modules to be enabled.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

If I add the pulseaudio dev ppa will the equaliser get updated too?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus

Hi folks.

Currently, I am using Aqualung with this same Multiband EQ with the following values:

4,14,14,6,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2, 7.5 ,20,30
    LATENCY 768,0

However, Aqualung only deals with RVA values instead of ReplayGain and also, the Music Store from Aqualung is a concept really hard to catch, so I am planning in abandoning this application. (Was using ultimately because of the FX EQ plugin feature).

Now I am using Songbird 1.2.0, and the built-in equalizer in it is crap. However, that is my replacement for now and it can benefit from this system wide equalizer.

I want to find a way to turn off this PREAMP option in the python script, because it is only helping to distort the sound. So this preamp is a no-go for me, and my goal is to use the same setting I was using in Aqualung, so wich file do I need to edit and why the preset files have further values among the ones needed.

Thanks for any help.

Beans

So what do I need to do to install this system wide equalizer after I've added the PPA from above?

sudo apt-get ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Thank you. This works great.

Beans

This is brill!!!thaks a million!!!worked 100%!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Comparison between the two equalisors please!

Beans

pros for the one included in pulseaudio mainstream:
    realtime adjustments
    unlimited bands* (qpaeq dynamically scales the bands to the width of the window)
    higher accuracy than mbeq (the ladspa plugin the alternative relies on)
    frequencies are natural (mbeq's frequencies are proportional to real frequencies)

*the limit is half the sample-rate of your master sink/sound card. One cannot specify more any more useful information beyond that number of bands (theoretical limit).

inherent cons with the mbeq backed equalizer:
    frequencies (coefficients you specify in control) above it's 1024 hz are ignored
    aliasing occurs because the filter doesn't sample sufficiently
    fixed number of bands (again, the bands above 1024hz are ignored)

Not really for this purpose but here's a blog post I had written way back when detailing theoreticals of equalization and listing the problems with mbeq.

Also the thread original creator - sorry to be a bit of a thread jack but would you mind putting a link to this post and http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/SystemEqualizer listing it as an upstream alternative?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi,
    New install of Karmic Koala.
    PulseAudio Multiband installed from a .deb file link supplied in this topic.

You mentioned PulseAudio mainstream has realtime adjustments, where can I find the mainstream version?

Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast