Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: PulseAudio Equalizer Script

Beans

Re: PulseAudio Equalizer Script

Quote Originally Posted by psyke83 View Post
    No offense, but running as root is pure insanity. If you're new to Ubuntu, I recommend you stop using root and do some research into how user permisisons work on Unix-based systems. If you're aware of the risks, etc. and it's a conscious choice, that's fine.

Edit "/usr/bin/pulseaudio-equalizer" and remove the section that does a check for root (searching for the term "root" should do). If you need further assistance as a result of the script not working from root, you'll need to look elsewhere, sorry.
    Just to let you know pulseaudio-eq not found in maverick repos at this time. I installed from lucid repo---no gui. I assume you must be working on this-program works great in lucid.Thank you for your efforts with this.
    I triple boot-ubuntu 10.04, 10.10 beta, winxp pro

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dangmc View Post
    Just to let you know pulseaudio-eq not found in maverick repos at this time. I installed from lucid repo---no gui. I assume you must be working on this-program works great in lucid.Thank you for your efforts with this.
    I triple boot-ubuntu 10.04, 10.10 beta, winxp pro
    It is working great for me in Maverick after following the directions from this post

GUI is there and it works just as well as it did in Lucid

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by VastOne View Post
    It is working great for me in Maverick after following the directions from this post

GUI is there and it works just as well as it did in Lucid
    VastOne-thank you for your response. I'm afraid the editing you suggested is beyond my level of expertise without more detailed instructions.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dangmc View Post
    VastOne-thank you for your response. I'm afraid the editing you suggested is beyond my level of expertise without more detailed instructions.
    Step by Step process to change it

Step One - In terminal enter this in and then enter your password

Code:
    gksudo gedit /usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/pulseaudio-equalizer.py
    Step 2

In Gedit in the Menu's Go to Search and from there select Replace

A Replace Dialogue box will come up. (see attachment)

In the Search For:

Code:
    icon = self.window.set_icon_from_file("/usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps/gnome-volume-control.svg")
    In the Replace With:

Code:
    icon = self.window.set_icon_from_file("/usr/share/icons/Humanity/apps/16/gnome-volume-control.svg")
    Then click replace and then close

Step 3

Click Save to save your document

Now you should be able to start the equalizer and have your GUI
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by VastOne View Post
    Step by Step process to change it

Step One - In terminal enter this in and then enter your password

Code:
    gksudo gedit /usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer/pulseaudio-equalizer.py
    Step 2

In Gedit in the Menu's Go to Search and from there select Replace

A Replace Dialogue box will come up. (see attachment)

In the Search For:

Code:
    icon = self.window.set_icon_from_file("/usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps/gnome-volume-control.svg")
    In the Replace With:

Code:
    icon = self.window.set_icon_from_file("/usr/share/icons/Humanity/apps/16/gnome-volume-control.svg")
    Then click replace and then close

Step 3

Click Save to save your document

Now you should be able to start the equalizer and have your GUI
    VastOne-That did it and Thanks-now to see if it works!

Beans

Hi, I'm a Linux noob. I'm running 10.04 Lucid. I have sound working just fine... I'm currently listening to Rhythmbox. As soon as I enable the PulseAudio eq, I only get static when there's sound output. What could be causing this? Any solutions?

Beans

This is a bit off topic, and now I'm cross-posting (such a bad boy).

I'm trying to get a different ladspa filter inserted in my audiochain, and was encouraged when I saw how this (awesome) PulseAudio Eq script did it... however..

I'm obviously no linux genius.

trying to mimic this script by appending

Code:
    ### BEGIN: Compressor configuration
    load-module module-ladspa-sink sink_name=ladspa_output.dyson_compress_1403.dysonCompress master=alsa_output.default plugin=dyson_compress_1403 label=dysonCompress control=0,1,0.5,0.99
    set-default-sink ladspa_output.dyson_compress_1403.dysonCompress
    set-sink-volume alsa_output.default 65536
    set-sink-mute alsa_output.default 0
    ### END: Compressor configuration
    to the end of either /etc/pulse/default.pa or ~/.pulse/default.pa
    in sound preferences, I now see a new output (LADSPA Plugin Dyson compressor on Internal Audio) but it doesn't seem to have any effect on the audio.

Any thoughts, is there a better way to accomplish this? I tried investigating how to make the eq script load this filter, but the script made my head spin (sans the green puke).

Thanks for any, I mean ANY, help.

EDIT: It works. I'm a dumb ***. Don't know why, but at some point this began to work correctly.
    Now to get a limiter in line, (swh's fast_limiter won't work in pulse, maybe cmt's limit_rms)
    Last edited by [STD]Ein; September 15th, 2010 at 11:15 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Cool Re: PulseAudio Equalizer Script

Lucid 64bit - it worked "out of the box", but then came out one very big BUT. I mean there was some static and stuff on the background, but then totally unexpected things happened.

I have resample-method = src-sinc-best-quality setting in pulseaudio configuration and everything has worked without a glitch this far, but when I enabled the pulseaudio-equalizer and started to watch some more "demanding" video stuff, then in a few minutes my system was grinded to total halt with unstopping harddisk activity. I succeeded to zap my X-session, but still only way out was a reset button.

I tried this again with a little preparation and saw VLC going totally mad and eating up all 12 gigabytes of RAM in an instant - it then occured to me, that this previously observed harddisk activity was VLC eating up all swap space. This time I was able to save the system by zapping (Alt+SysRq+K) just in time.

It is kind of totally reproduceable, but system will be grinded to halt without quick intervention. When pulseaudio equalizer is not enabled, everything works without a problem.

I tried to put VLC to log to syslog, but did not found anything that could help.

I would never thought, that video or audio could eat up all resources on i7 machine like that in seconds...
    Last edited by tim71; September 20th, 2010 at 05:56 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Angry Re: PulseAudio Equalizer - [Volume Bug]

Running v2.7 under Ubuntu 10.04 64-Bit.

Clicking on the checkbox for "Eq Enabled" and then clicking "Apply" causes the master system volume to be increased to maximum. This happens every time on my system.

The first time this happened to me I was playing a bass test mp3 in Audacious and one of my Altec Lansing subwoofers was physically damaged as a result.
    I really liked that subwoofer.

This bug does not occur on a friend's laptop running Ubuntu 10.04 32-Bit.

If this has already been covered please point me to it. I tried reading through this entire thread but gave up far short of the 288th and final post.

tgeer
    "Programming is an art form that fights back."

HP Pavillion DV9500T 17" Notebook • 2.2GHz Core2 Duo • 4GB RAM • Nvidia Geforce 8600M GS 512MB
    Running Ubuntu 10.04 [64-bit]+Gnome+Compiz from HD / Puppy Linux 4.2.1SMP in RAM from USB Flash

Beans

I have noticed sound volume max out when changing eq settings and setting them on/off. Luckily I have a laptop which might not be as powerful as external speakers, but it has a subwoofer and it cost a bit of money So I`d hate for it to be blasted to death..
    I dont change my eq settings much so I`ll live.

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast