Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: PulseAudio Equalizer Script

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Cool Re: PulseAudio Equalizer Script

i was quite exited when someone directed me to this
    but to tell you the truth, it stinks
    first of all if the eq is enabled and the music plays in audacious, i get some weird popping noise in my headphones while changing the volume
    second, the output is not well designed or something. i get bad results for every preset/configuration. the default sounds way better and clear
    if anyone ever used dfx for windows winamp knows what i'm talking about. the true powerful bass output and the perfect sound no matter what configuration
    i hope you work on this in the future, but thanks...
    Last edited by tzily; January 29th, 2011 at 08:18 PM.

ivanovnegro is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: PulseAudio Equalizer Script

Quote Originally Posted by tzily View Post
    i was quite exited when someone directed me to this
    but to tell you the truth, it stinks
    first of all if the eq is enabled and the music plays in audacious, i get some weird popping noise in my headphones while changing the volume
    second, the output is not well designed or something. i get bad results for every preset/configuration. the default sounds way better and clear
    if anyone ever used dfx for windows winamp knows what i'm talking about. the true powerful bass output and the perfect sound no matter what configuration
    i hope you work on this in the future, but thanks...
    Its true, this tool is also buggier now as it was on Lucid, it interferes with the volume of the Ubuntu system, also with other applications that use also soundoutput like Skype, there is always a clicking and I noticed that I cannot use crossfading with it enabled because I will have a scratchy sound while the songs are changing.
    But I cannot live without it because it makes a good sound on my system, for example when Im listening to streams in the internet or watching Youtube videos, there is no EQ for this.
    Im also hoping that this tool could be improved more.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by unc0nn3ct3d View Post
    Got the same 404 errors.. glad the .deb is somewhere, thanks for that link, and thanks for developing the equalizer.

AArgg, after downloading the new version, getting all excited I'm still SOL:

Getting settings...
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "pulseaudio-equalizer.py", line 519, in <module>
    Equalizer()
    File "pulseaudio-equalizer.py", line 354, in __init__
    GetSettings()
    File "pulseaudio-equalizer.py", line 62, in GetSettings
    persistence = int(rawdata[6])
    ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
    This is fixed with :

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb...148986;hb=HEAD

The "Max Volume" bug is fixed with :

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb...a3f90e;hb=HEAD
    Last edited by funnylife_ma; February 22nd, 2011 at 01:14 AM.

Beans

Where the heck is the script?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Mozenrath View Post
    Where the heck is the script?
    It's in the original post:

Installation:
    Since v2.6, the pulseaudio-equalizer package is available from my PPA, which you can access like so:
    Code:
    Code:
    $ sudo software-properties-gtk --enable-ppa=psyke83/ppa; sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install pulseaudio-equalizer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hello,

I have a Lenovo Ideapad Y560 with Realtek HD audio card and with built-in JBL speakers. I'm having trouble with the EQ crackling on high volume. Some videos work perfectly but there are those were I can barely hear voices and does not sound very clear. I use the "Laptop" preset with the preamp at 1.5x.

Any tips for at least reducing or completely eliminating the crackling? Thanks in advance.

Beans

Hi, I had a look at the source, and i see most of the work is done via a bash script.

I'm trying to do something similar in Python (not a competitor, don't worry ), and it would be useful if you could clarify some points.

1) If I understand correctly there are currently no PulseAudio bindings for Python. But even if there were, they would not be of much use, as there is no equalizer for PulseAudio. Instead, the work is done by an external LAPSDA plugin. Right?
    2) What is the relation between LAPSDA and PulseAudio? Does PulseAudio support something like GStreamer pipelines, where you can insert new elements dinamically? Or did you have to hack in some way to make audio pass through a LAPSDA filter?

I realize I can get this information by looking at the source, but I would be glad if you could save me some headache. I think you have some experience with this!

Thank you very much
    Please, feel free to correct my english, so that I can improve it.

Click here to join Dropbox. Both you and I get free extra space.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Nonno Bassotto View Post
    Hi, I had a look at the source, and i see most of the work is done via a bash script.

I'm trying to do something similar in Python (not a competitor, don't worry ), and it would be useful if you could clarify some points.

1) If I understand correctly there are currently no PulseAudio bindings for Python. But even if there were, they would not be of much use, as there is no equalizer for PulseAudio. Instead, the work is done by an external LAPSDA plugin. Right?
    2) What is the relation between LAPSDA and PulseAudio? Does PulseAudio support something like GStreamer pipelines, where you can insert new elements dinamically? Or did you have to hack in some way to make audio pass through a LAPSDA filter?

I realize I can get this information by looking at the source, but I would be glad if you could save me some headache. I think you have some experience with this!

Thank you very much
    I am not sure exactly what you are looking at but pulseaudio-equalizer.py is a pure python script.

Look here for more information on PulseAudio

Beans

Actually pulseaudio-equalizer.py is just a graphical frontend for a bash script. Indeed inside the python source there is the function

Code:
    def ApplySettings():
        print "Applying settings..."
        f = open(eqconfig, "w")
        del rawdata[:]
        rawdata.append(str(ladspa_filename))
        rawdata.append(str(ladspa_name))
        for i in rawdata:
            f.write(str(i)+'\n')
        f.close()
        os.system('pulseaudio-equalizer interface.applysettings')
    which basically writes the desired settings into a file, so that it can be read by the bash script, and finally uses a system call to invoke the script.
    Please, feel free to correct my english, so that I can improve it.

Click here to join Dropbox. Both you and I get free extra space.

Beans

Could you provide instructions on how to configure this for running on a headless server.
    I'm running mpd which already uses pulseaudio as output.

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast