Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: PulseAudio Equalizer Script

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: PulseAudio Equalizer Script

lol, i was just coming to post about this, after over 24 hours of frustration I find the equalizer isn't working despite being installed correctly, all dependancies satisfied and so on.

So.. basically all of this is useless for 9.04? There is no other equalizer that will work? currently I have to use vlc for my music which is not ideal due to crappy library management since it mainly really a video player but has an awesome equalizer... rythmbox has no useable equalizer and tried Amarok upon suggestion but seems its for KDE which not only did not work for me but totally screwed up my machine's appearance until I had to restart this machine and re-apply my gnome theme.

I thought this pulse audio equalizer sounded a bit too good to be true...

ah well, nothing wrong with vlc until ubuntu 10.04 is stable and bug free enough to be viable to upgrade to ( i see no reason to upgrade to 9.10 just to upgrade once again to 10.04 after all the bugs i've read about on the forums have been ironed out) then i can use pulse equalizer)

thanks anyway

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Exclamation Re: PulseAudio Equalizer Script

The equalizer works very well for me (I'm using it to overcome poor quality speakers), but a warning for 32bit users going to 64bit.

If you clean install a 64bit version of Ubuntu over a 32bit version (or restore the custom presets from a backup), it will make your system unusably slow until you disable the equalizer (e.g. remove the .pulse folder).

Took a bit of troubleshooting to find this out, I'll just need to recreate the custom presets from my memory. It seems the preset files differ between 32bit and 64bit in some crucial way. Other than that, I've had no problems. Thanks for this excellent program!

Beans

nice one, mate

works like a charm on lucid.
    Last edited by squiddy; May 11th, 2010 at 07:44 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

my problem was it not changing the audio output, did a google search and ended up half way through this thread with an answer

Beans

if the preset is based on VLC EQ, then why doesn't it produce the same quality?

Beans

Kubuntu 10.04 (slight) problem

Just wanted to let you know that the gui won't start up using a clean Kubuntu 10.04 install.

The problem seems to be the missing \usr\share\icons\hicolor\16x16\apps\gnome-volume-control.svg . Replacing it manually allows the gui to start.

Works like a charm otherwise. Thanks a lot!

Beans

Holy...

wow, running this on sidux, gracias hombre.

Beans

Awesome! The only issue is that it keeps resetting the master volume to 100% every time I change the equalizer settings. Any idea why? I'm using lucid.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

It's been working great for me so far, but whenever I try to adjust any of the frequency ranges it stops working. I need to restart Firefox for example if I'm watching a video when I adjust it. The audio just dies.
    Last edited by Lancelot59; June 15th, 2010 at 10:02 PM.

Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast