Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: PulseAudio Equalizer Script

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: PulseAudio Equalizer Script

First this is great...makes me want to get really good speaks now!!

One question...how can I keep the set alsamixer's "Master" volume. Every time system restart or I hit apply in EQ, the master volume goes 100% and I get humming noise. If I set it at like 92% or disable the EQ, I don't hear the humming noise. Anything I can do to make sure the master volume is at 92%? I sure don't want to disable EQ. =)

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ktp View Post
    First this is great...makes me want to get really good speaks now!!

One question...how can I keep the set alsamixer's "Master" volume. Every time system restart or I hit apply in EQ, the master volume goes 100% and I get humming noise. If I set it at like 92% or disable the EQ, I don't hear the humming noise. Anything I can do to make sure the master volume is at 92%? I sure don't want to disable EQ. =)
    You would need to set the pre-amp to (roughly) 0.9x, which isn't yet possible in v2.4. I'll add this capability in the next version (as soon as I set up a new installation - my laptop died).

Edit: OK, I've updated to v2.5 which allows preamp levels below 1x. You can find the new version within the pulseaudio-equalizer_2.5debsrc.tar.bz2 archive (as it seems the forum no longer allows .deb attachments). When I get time, I intend to publish the source on Launchpad and will make future versions available from my PPA.
    Last edited by psyke83; February 4th, 2010 at 06:50 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Thanks so much!! PPA would be great also.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I just tried the latest and set preamp to .8 but sound server seems to not start on restart the system with following error:
    Code:
    pulseaudio[2034]: module.c: Failed to load  module "module-stream-restore" (argument: "restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false"): initialization failed.
    main.c: Module load failed.
    main.c: Failed to initialize daemon.
    I have to clean out the ~/.pulse/ directory to fix it. I tried it twice and then went back to previous version.

Beans
    Distro

I just tried the latest and set preamp to .8 but sound server seems to not start on restart the system with following error:
    Code:
    pulseaudio[2034]: module.c: Failed to load  module "module-stream-restore" (argument: "restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false restore_device=false"): initialization failed.
    I have to clean out the ~/.pulse/ directory to fix it. I tried it twice and then went back to previous version.
    The problem is that v2.4 of the script searched for the phrase "Generated from: pulseaudio-equalizer.sh" in the ~/.pulse/default.pa file, and if it found the phrase then it will know that the equalizer configuration is active.

However, with version 2.5, I dropped the .sh suffix (now it looks for "Generated from: pulseaudio-equalizer"), so the script wasn't detecting the old configuration files correctly. Deleting ~/.pulse/default.pa* once should solve the problem permanently.

Can you confirm that v2.5 is now working correctly after having deleted the stale configuration?

Beans
    Distro

Code:
    Update: the equalizer is now available from my PPA (and the bug has been fixed).

I recommend that you first install the latest version (through my PPA), and then delete your ~/.pulse/default.pa* files to get rid of the invalid configuration that's still potentially on your system. Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by psyke83 View Post
    Update: the equalizer is now available from my PPA (and the bug has been fixed).

I recommend that you first install the latest version (through my PPA), and then delete your ~/.pulse/default.pa* files to get rid of the invalid configuration that's still potentially on your system. Thanks.
    It's working great now (using PPA). Thanks!!

Beans

My volume control applet keeps disappearing after installing the newer version.. also, any other sounds like my email notify sound and system sounds while i`m playing music with any application, is just a clicking static sort of sound...

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by duffydack View Post
    My volume control applet keeps disappearing after installing the newer version.. also, any other sounds like my email notify sound and system sounds while i`m playing music with any application, is just a clicking static sort of sound...
    If you were using v2.5 of the script, it may have written an invalid configuration file. Newer versions won't create this problem, but if the bad configuration is still present, it will cause problems.

Try:
    Code:
    $ rm ~/.pulse/default.pa*; pkill pulseaudio

Beans
    Hidden!

I'm wondering the future of this since pulseaudio git master has an eq?

Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast