Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: PulseAudio Equalizer Script

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: PulseAudio Equalizer Script

Thank you very much for this. I can now watch tv using my capture card without the god awful audio it had before I used this utility.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

This is absolutely awesome. Have been waiting for this for a realllllly long time.

finally we have the Power of Pulse

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by phish3 View Post
    I think I figured it out - you probably need libdbus-1-dev installed (and to rerun configure), I updated the wiki to mention this. This should only be needed if you're compiling from source... the packages seem to work fine although it looks like I forgot to include qpaeq. There are download links on the wiki. In source compiling case you might also want to place "0.9.21" inside .tarball-version in the sourcetree to force the git-version-gen script to detect the build as 0.9.21... else you'll get 0.9.19 and issues might ensue... all due to upstream muckery with git, sorry.
    In fact, it looks like what was missing was libdbus-qt-1-dev (you should check that and possibly add it to your wiki instructions). After I installed it I could install everything.
    But... As soon as I load the "module-equalizer-sink" module the sound is chopped (about 5 times/second) making the sound just unhearable and makes the qpaeq.py script useless.... I tried with and without tsched=0.
    Furthermore, now the pulseaudio-equalizer.sh shell script doesn't work anymore...

Code:
    steph@steph-desktop:/usr/share/pulseaudio-equalizer$ pulseaudio-equalizer.sh enable
    PulseAudio Equalizer/LADSPA Processor 2.4 (19/11/2009)
    -------------------------------------
    Current operation: enabling equalizer
    -------------------------------------
    Suspending clients...
    Unloading module-ladspa-sink...
    Unloading & reloading stream-restore module...
    Loading module-ladspa-sink...
    Moving active PulseAudio clients to LADSPA sink (ladspa_output.mbeq_1197.mbeq)...
    And it get stuck there...
    So, I don't have any equalizer anymore.
    Not good, not good...

Beans

Regarding the choppyness... did you have pavucontrol opened or any instances of flash while it was getting choppy? I've heard of some problems like this when there are 1 or more instances of flash and other sound programs opened - no clear reason why, but flash is always a problem child for sound. Also what kind of cpu do you have and do you have powersaving mode enabled (cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor)

As for getting back to the old equalizer, make uninstall since it looks like you're trying to compile from sources (I generally wouldn't recommend that) and remove the relevant entries from your /etc/pulse/default.pa.

HTH

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks man!
    I added the ubuntu audio ppa listed in the first post for karmic, ran update manager and it did a partial upgrade. Downloaded the .deb and installed it and "voila!". This old laptop on these old speakers sounds awesome on the 'Rock' setting.
    What a great Christmas present!
    Cheers,
    brook

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I changed the settings in the pavucontrol, looking for a better setting. Now my volume control has disappeared in the panel, and pavucontrol won't connect. If I try to open pavucontrol, it tells me "Connection failed, Connection refused"

Code:
    pulseaudio
    E: module-udev-detect.c: Failed to get card object.
    E: module-ladspa-sink.c: Master sink not found
    E: module.c: Failed to load  module "module-ladspa-sink" (argument: "sink_name=ladspa_output.mbeq_1197.mbeq master= plugin=mbeq_1197 label=mbeq control=0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,-4.5,-10.0,-6.0,0.5,1.0,2.0,4.0,4.0,0.0,0.0"): initialization failed.
    E: main.c: Module load failed.
    E: main.c: Failed to initialize daemon.
    and

Code:
     killall pulseasudio
    pulseasudio: no process found
    I I try sound settings
    System > Sound

I get "Waiting for sound system to respond"

How do I manually change the pacucontrol settings?
    Last edited by afrodeity; December 19th, 2009 at 07:04 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

By the way,
    Any idea as to why Ubuntu Karmic does a Partial Distribution Upgrade when the Ubuntu Audio Dev PPA is added to Software Sources, and Update Manager is run?

Just askin? :O
    ...some helpful links for Ubuntu newbies:

Beans

I just installed this and I am not getting any EQing on my system when I apply the changes. I hear a brief audio pause and then it's the same as before.

Is there anything else I need to do? Do I need to restart my computer after installing?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

phish3,

Can you please start a new thread regarding your equalizer implementation? This is only causing confusion for new users who are trying your patched packages with my script, and I may decide to continue improving the script beyond equalization (e.g., to support multiple LADSPA plugins on the interface). As soon as you make the new thread, I'll edit the first post with the link.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Question Re: PulseAudio Equalizer Script

One small bug (or may be a glitch) on Karmic, I installed and when i try presets and as soon as i press apply, my sound tray icon is kinda restarted, wanted to know if its like that in the settings to restart the sound or its crashing and restored on its own... following is from the logs, most likely showing each time I applied a new preset...

Dec 21 18:50:00 ... pulseaudio[1875]: ratelimit.c: 71 events suppressed
    Dec 21 18:50:05 ... pulseaudio[1875]: ratelimit.c: 24 events suppressed
    Dec 21 18:50:12 ... pulseaudio[1875]: ratelimit.c: 17 events suppressed
    Dec 21 18:50:18 ... pulseaudio[1875]: ratelimit.c: 17 events suppressed
    Dec 21 18:50:24 ... pulseaudio[1875]: ratelimit.c: 24 events suppressed
    Dec 21 18:50:29 ... pulseaudio[1875]: ratelimit.c: 58 events suppressed

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast