Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: PulseAudio Equalizer Script

Beans

Re: PulseAudio Equalizer Script

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I have been looking for something like this for some time. Makes the laptop speakers useable!

Beans

Thanx a lot..waited for this for a long time

Beans

WOW! Why isn't this a default addon to the distro pulseaudio packages?? I'm only seeing about 2% sporadic CPU increase with pulseaudio as well. Excellent work.

Beans

Dude, you're my hero, thanks much for this. This should be definitively included for 10.4 (Lucid)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

If anybody is getting kludgy sound, just turn down the pre-amp.Usually the source of bother with the presets overloading the system. If sound borks (doesn't get louder, it just fails in certain frequencies), then turn the preamp setting down.So default should be generally lower. Just my two cents.

Beans

Hi there!

This here is really what I've been looking for my whole "linux-life"! Sound is so much better now
    BUT I warmly recommend using the pulseaudio-equalizer from phish3 (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=115) - it's so much better! You get realtime adjustments, no distortion whatever pre-amp is set etc. and most important: simply brilliant sound!
    All what you need and what you have to do is explained here: http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/SystemEqualizer

This should got to the official ubuntu-audio-dev ppa!

We just need a gtk interface - see, what I can do about this

Great work!!

regards, johoe

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by johoe View Post
    Hi there!

This here is really what I've been looking for my whole "linux-life"! Sound is so much better now
    BUT I warmly recommend using the pulseaudio-equalizer from phish3 (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=115) - it's so much better! You get realtime adjustments, no distortion whatever pre-amp is set etc. and most important: simply brilliant sound!
    All what you need and what you have to do is explained here: http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/SystemEqualizer

This should got to the official ubuntu-audio-dev ppa!

We just need a gtk interface - see, what I can do about this

Great work!!

regards, johoe
    Well, I'm glad qpaeq works for you... I have Ubuntu Karmic 32 bits. I've tried to make it work. I've followed strictly the procedure indicated. But there is a problem with the dbus protocol module (I have it installed as well as fftw3 ).
    Can you tell me what version of Ubuntu you're using? And is your computer 32 or 64bits?
    Thanks,
    Stéph

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sbersier View Post
    Well, I'm glad qpaeq works for you... I have Ubuntu Karmic 32 bits. I've tried to make it work. I've followed strictly the procedure indicated. But there is a problem with the dbus protocol module (I have it installed as well as fftw3 ).
    Can you tell me what version of Ubuntu you're using? And is your computer 32 or 64bits?
    Thanks,
    Stéph
    hmm, I'am running exactly the same version (karmic/32bit) as you do. I've installed it on two different machines.
    I installed these packackes
    python, python-dbus, python-qt4 and python-qt4-dbus
    of course you need some of the libqt4-* libraries too.

maybe you can post the the error you get...

johoe

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by johoe View Post
    hmm, I'am running exactly the same version (karmic/32bit) as you do. I've installed it on two different machines.
    I installed these packackes
    python, python-dbus, python-qt4 and python-qt4-dbus
    of course you need some of the libqt4-* libraries too.

maybe you can post the the error you get...

johoe
    libdbus-1, libfftw3, python, python-dbus, ..., python-qt4* are all installed. The problem shows up at the install stage and solely for module-equalizer-sink which has undefined references to pa_dbus_*** stuff....
    Well, I'll stick to the pulseaudio-equalizer.py script for the moment. It works...

Beans

I think I figured it out - you probably need libdbus-1-dev installed (and to rerun configure), I updated the wiki to mention this. This should only be needed if you're compiling from source... the packages seem to work fine although it looks like I forgot to include qpaeq. There are download links on the wiki. In source compiling case you might also want to place "0.9.21" inside .tarball-version in the sourcetree to force the git-version-gen script to detect the build as 0.9.21... else you'll get 0.9.19 and issues might ensue... all due to upstream muckery with git, sorry.

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast