Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I do wish people wouldn't bash 9.10 as much...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: I do wish people wouldn't bash 9.10 as much...

Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    You bash Windows left and right, but DON'T BASH UBUNTU, people worked very hard on it, and it hurts its image.

/facepalm

People have a right to bash windows LOL it's going down the pan, what do people want out of ubuntu anyway ??? for it to go the Microsoft way, take a look at mint Linux if they want another Ms look-a-like but don't BASH ubuntu, what the devs & alpha/beta & RC testers are doing for Ubuntu deserve a medal, if it wasn't for them where would Linux be
    Desktop : Self built I7 quad core 3.2 based system

Laptop : MSI wind U100

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by dj-toonz View Post
    don't BASH ubuntu, what the devs & alpha/beta & RC testers are doing for Ubuntu deserve a medal, if it wasn't for them where would Linux be
    Without Ubuntu Linux would still be actively developed and it still would be used by people.
    Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility! -Tyler Durden, Fight Club

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by dj-toonz View Post
    People have a right to bash windows LOL it's going down the pan, what do people want out of ubuntu anyway ??? for it to go the Microsoft way, take a look at mint Linux if they want another Ms look-a-like but don't BASH ubuntu, what the devs & alpha/beta & RC testers are doing for Ubuntu deserve a medal, if it wasn't for them where would Linux be
    Same to be said about Windows 7. A lot of Beta and RC testers went in and reported bugs to make sure there weren't any in the final release. In the same respect, they deserve a medal too.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Ya i dont know why everyone is flaming 9.10 it worked perfecly for me

Beans
    Hidden!

Same to be said about Windows 7. A lot of Beta and RC testers went in and reported bugs to make sure there weren't any in the final release. In the same respect, they deserve a medal too.
    I didn't do any of that for either system therefore I deserve cheesecake.
    Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility! -Tyler Durden, Fight Club

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by issih View Post
    dah...which was my point exactly :s
    Which is why I was agreeing with you

Blog | I'm available for programming contributions. C & Python.
    Intel Core i7 920 | EVGA x58 SLI | NVidia GeForce 8600 GT | WD 500GB HDD | Corsair XMS3 3GB | Ubuntu 9.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Big Big difference here. Ubuntu Devs dont get PAID. And, MS beta and Rc "testers" are either being used, or just want to try the new OS without paying for it. Many dont ever report back to MS with anything. Myself included.

Also, there's a difference between bashing MS on a Linux board, and going over to the MS forums and bashing there. A troll is a troll is a troll.
    If I soundlike Im a newb, its because I am. At least with Linux anyway.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by issih View Post
    Happens every single release...

There is no way to avoid this happening unless there is some way to get a huge boost in the number of beta testers.

Psst! Don't tell anyone ... but this is how they get a huge boost in beta testers
    Main system: Dell 1420n - C2D T5250, 4GB RAM, 120GB SATA. Ubuntu 8.04.3.
    Assorted VMs (via VBox). Favorites: Fedora, FreeBSD, Solaris.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

yeah but look at the finished product tho, 2 expensive,full of security holes what MS don't fix for weeks, the dreaded blue screen of death, insert a printer into a usb port from the one it was installed from and re-goes though installing the driver again , then take a look in device manager & next to printer will be a number like (10) or something like that how many times you swapped usb leads. the same for every usb device you insert, Viruses pron (I've heard people talk about how they haven't had AV , firewalls or spyware apps instead & never got virsues, excuse my French now Bull-crap, 2 minutes after doing a clean install of vista for my partner on her brand new laptop , windows popped a box up saying explorer has devoloped a serious error & needs to shut down, stuck the hard drive in a cage in mine & scanned it with ClamTK & guess what loads of viruses. & the hard drive had a trial of norton in but got them from updating it LOL, no wonder I use Linux
    Last edited by dj-toonz; November 1st, 2009 at 03:24 AM.
    Desktop : Self built I7 quad core 3.2 based system

Laptop : MSI wind U100

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by KinKiac View Post
    Ubuntu Devs dont get PAID.
    Wrongo mate. Canonical pays developers to work on Ubuntu and Ubuntu-related products.

Before you call me a troll, get your facts straight.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast