Thread: Can't get 9.10 Karmic Beta to work - no sound, poor video

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Can't get 9.10 Karmic Beta to work - no sound, poor video

I've got an old Dell system running Mythbuntu 8.04 quite well using a Hauppauge Nova DVB-T stick. Seeing that Karmic 9.10 will use Myth 0.22 I thought I'd try to update things. I've scrounged a HP Compaq Evo D530 box (typical office PC, P4 2.66Ghz, 1Gb Mem small form factor etc) and a Hauppauge PVR-150 MCE card.

I planned to install the beta, play about getting the box to record off of my Sky box analogue output, then install the final release and add the DVB-T stick. However I have several issues with the beta that I can't get around;

I don't have any sound from the PVR150. This is both from the box, or from recordings I watch on another box after downloading
    Video playback is jerky
    I can't get tvtime to work to check out the card, giving an error about YUY2 Hardware video overlays, also xvinfo reports no adaptors present. The box has an intel videoset (Intel 82865G)

Right now I don't know if its the intel graphics, the hauppauge card or the Karmic beta ? Does anyone have any ideas ? Is anyone else running myth successfully on an Evo D530

Thanks,

Paul.
    --
    Paul Hurley - http://www.paulhurley.co.uk
    HP Evo D530 running MythBuntu 9.10, HP Evo D530 running Kubuntu 9.10 and a Compaq Armada M300 running XUbuntu 8.10

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Can't get 9.10 Karmic Beta to work - no sound, poor video

I too am having problems with sound...

No response to my thread yet but there is a link to some bugs with sound in the post and some questions I have, seems to be a pulseaudio issue.

See this thread

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1306015