#
    # The following lines prevent .htaccess and .htpasswd files from being
    # viewed by Web clients.
    #
    <Files ~ "^\.ht">
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
    </Files>
    If you look at the above rule you have access to .htaccess set to deny from all, so you won't be able to access the file.

Beans

Re: Virtual Host Issues after upgrade to 9.10

Quote Originally Posted by obeyrobots View Post
    I wish I had an answer for you but I wanted to chime in that I'm having the a very similar problem and wanted to throw some more info at it. I had multiple virtual hosts running just fine under 9,04 + Apache 2 + PHP 5.

Going from 9.04 -> 9.10 I now have all of my src="/foo/bar" trying to pull from /usr/share/foo/bar instead of what I set docroot to in the virtual hosts. Pages themselves execute via PHP just fine, Apache just seems blind to the Virtual Host instructions.

No conf files and/or php.ini have changed.. I recursively chowned the docroot's group to what apache is running as (www-data) in case it was a permission issue. This is all running on localhost (my dev environment).

Any hints would be fantastic.

Example log entry of what used to work:
    [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /usr/share/javascript/supermenu.js, referer: http://www.url.com/
    Just wondering if you were able to sort it out?? I don't want to waste time going back to 9.10 if I'm going to spend another two days without resolving the issues.

As far as the htaccess goes I thought that was to prevent people from accessing these files. Those are the same settings I have in 9.04 and it works perfectly. I'm running it now with no issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12