This isn't a support request, it seems to be working, I'm just posting to help others!
My printer is a Brother DCP-330C, it wasn't autodetected after my 9.10 install this morning, so started looking at it...
turned out to be very simple. Brother have pretty good support on their site at http://solutions.brother.com/linux/en_us/index.html
1) run 'sudo aa-complain cupsd'
2) run 'sudo mkdir /usr/share/cups/model'
3) From this page - http://solutions.brother.com/linux/e...nload_prn.html
.. find your particular model and download the *.deb files (should be 2)
4) go to the folder and run 'sudo dpkg -i --force-all *'
To verify it worked:
1) Run 'dpkg -l | grep Brother'
Mine gave the output:
ii dcp330ccupswrapper 1.0.1-1 Brother CUPS Inkjet Printer Definitions
ii dcp330clpr 1.0.1-1 Brother lpr Inkjet Printer Definitions
2) Check the contents of '/etc/printcap'
3) Check the CUPS web interface at:
I haven't tested it fully beyond a test page, and I also haven't set up scanning yet, but that's for another day!
Feel free to use this thread for additional support but this is the first time I've set up a printer in Linux (in 10+ years of on-and-off use) so I personally may not be much use!