Thread: downgrading back to 9.04?

Beans

downgrading back to 9.04?

is this possible without starting from scratch? almost nothing works properly in 9.10: no visual effects, screen freezes constantly, cairo dock does not display properly etc

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: downgrading back to 9.04?

No, it is not. However, all of the examples of "almost nothing" working are related to graphics drivers, so really you just have one problem to look into.

Beans

Re: downgrading back to 9.04?

I'm having alot of problems with it too. I had everything finally working perfectly on this thing, and now I'm back to square one. He says no animations, my problem is that i can't turn them off. Everytime i uncheck the animations box, or try to turn it off, it turns it self back on. This is very frustrating, i have an older laptop and i try to save as many resources as i can. Animations just slow me down. On top of that it takes about 5 minutes to boot up. I'm really unsatisfied with this new version.

I guess i'll just back everything up and start over.

EDIT: Ok i played around with it some more and i finally got the animations to turn off. Now I've got to fix my wireless card and figure out why it takes sooooo longg to boot. If i can work out my bugs i think i'll keep it.
    Last edited by CerealKiller93; November 19th, 2009 at 08:47 AM.