Thread: fresh install over feisty

Beans

fresh install over feisty

So I've got Feisty on my laptop and I want to upgrade but since 7.04 is no longer supported I've got a choice of doing a whole long sequence of stuff that I basically don't understand, or doing a fresh install. I've got my data files backed up and third party software inventoried, but I don't know how to do a fresh install!

Can somebody clue me in?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: fresh install over feisty

you need to download the iso file at Ubuntu.com, (you should get 9.10) burn it in a certian way on the CD (it might be easier to put it on a usb flash drive (look online for a tutorial)), put it in your computer and restart, while it's loading up (Dell computers: Dell sign and blue bar, Mac computers: mac sign) and if dell, you should be able to press f12 during the loading screen and macs you hold alt. after that choose CD (or usb) and boot from that. after that, choose the install ubuntu and it should be self explanatory from there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

The post above is a good call but if you are using an older machine I would try Hardy or Jaunty (both LTS and very solid) If you have an optical drive burn the ISO, run a live session and if it looks good do a fresh install
    As you have everything backed up when you get the system running create a /home partition and stuff it all back in there
    Job done!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I would try Hardy or Jaunty (both LTS and very solid)
    Actually Jaunty is not a Long Term Support release, though I agree is that it is a very solid release. The next LTS will by Lucid Lynx (10.04).

Beans

Well that's done

Note the time elapsed!