Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: Utilise the svn MPlayer to Improve Karmic Koala's 'mplayer-nogui' Package

Beans

Re: Howto: Utilise the svn MPlayer to Improve Karmic Koala's 'mplayer-nogui' Package

Hi Andrew,

Yes, that did the trick. There were no other instances of 'mplayer-nogui'--just an 'mplayer' package. Not sure how I wound up with multiple versions, but anyway, removing this (which did remove cleanly) and repeating the "sudo checkinstall..." command worked.

Thanks again.

Best,

tlee

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Howto: Utilise the svn MPlayer to Improve Karmic Koala's 'mplayer-nogui' Package

Hi Andrew,
    its me again!
    Just reporting back with VDPAU results: ¡IT WORKS!
    Thanks for this excellent guide again!
    Ubuntu Printer Support | Restricted Formats
    KDE 4.4 is amazing!
    I'm learning Ruby yay!

Beans

Hi tlee,

Quote Originally Posted by tlee View Post
    Yes, that did the trick. There were no other instances of 'mplayer-nogui'--just an 'mplayer' package. Not sure how I wound up with multiple versions, but anyway, removing this (which did remove cleanly) and repeating the "sudo checkinstall..." command worked.
    Excellent news .

Andrew
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans

Hi piousp,

Quote Originally Posted by piousp View Post
    Just reporting back with VDPAU results: ¡IT WORKS!
    You are now officially ahead of me with MPlayer as I don't have a computer/graphics card capable of vdpau. There is still a lot of activity with vdpau so it will be well worth your while to update the svn MPlayer every now and then.

Andrew

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.46 View Post
    Hi piousp,

You are now officially ahead of me with MPlayer as I don't have a computer/graphics card capable of vdpau. There is still a lot of activity with vdpau so it will be well worth your while to update the svn MPlayer every now and then.

Andrew
    Nice! And thanks for the tip! I'll keep compiling it until something breaks
    Ubuntu Printer Support | Restricted Formats
    KDE 4.4 is amazing!
    I'm learning Ruby yay!

Beans

svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk mplayer
    svn: Can't connect to host 'svn.mplayerhq.hu': Connection refused
    Is there a mirror for this possibly? Tried yesterday and today with the same problem.

Beans

Hi Dethecus,

Quote Originally Posted by Dethecus View Post
    Code:
    svn: Can't connect to host 'svn.mplayerhq.hu': Connection refused
    Is there a mirror for this possibly? Tried yesterday and today with the same problem.
    Sounds a little odd, I have tested now and connected with no trouble, and no mirror available as far as I know. Try again later?

Andrew

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Dethecus View Post
    Perhaps a firewall is interfering. You can try downloading a source snapshot or SVN snapshot at MPlayer Downloads. I think they are built daily, but I could be wrong.

Beans

@andrew.46

You mentioned earlier that this install doesn't have options for x264 (and mencoder). As a person looking for exactly this feature can you point me in the right direction or help me out a bit?

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1314280

Beans

Hi zackiv,

Quote Originally Posted by zackiv31 View Post
    You mentioned earlier that this install doesn't have options for x264 (and mencoder). As a person looking for exactly this feature can you point me in the right direction or help me out a bit?
    It will not be too difficult to adapt this particular guide to allow for MEncoder and x264 encoding (bear in mind that h264 playback does not require x264). First install the latest x264 libraries according to Fakeoutdoorsman's guide:

HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=786095

and then perhaps also install the aac and lame development files (libfaac-dev and libmp3lame-dev) to allow for whatever sound codecs you wish to use. Then simply compile as per this guide but omit the --disable-mencoder option from ./configure and alter the checkinstall syntax from --pkgname mplayer-nogui to --pkgname mplayer. This will build both MEncoder and MPlayer and place the executables in /usr/local/bin.

All the best,

Andrew

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast