Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: Utilise the svn MPlayer to Improve Karmic Koala's 'mplayer-nogui' Package

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Howto: Utilise the svn MPlayer to Improve Karmic Koala's 'mplayer-nogui' Package

andrew.46, I see that you recommend Pulse audio, as in ao=pulse, in the mplayer config.

I can see in the SMPlayer's configuration that Alsa is the default. I can also choose Alsa 0.0-0.4 Creative X-Fi. The default Also makes the mplayer crash sometimes, but it doesn't crash on e.g. Pulse and the Alsa setting 0.0 Creative X-Fi. What are these settings and why have you recommended Pulse?

I'm also wondering about the x11 video output, because I see a lot to choose from, and some makes the mplayer crash. Not x11 though!

Beans

Re: Howto: Utilise the svn MPlayer to Improve Karmic Koala's 'mplayer-nogui' Package

Hi viking_maniac,

I have placed those 2 settings in the guide not so much because I believe that they are the best options but because it seems to me that on Karmic Koala these are the settings most likely to work with no problems. I will admit that on another distro that I run with the svn MPlayer I use xv and alsa. xv in particular seems broken in Karmic and I am not entirely sure why...

All the best,

Andrew
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.46 View Post
    xv in particular seems broken in Karmic and I am not entirely sure why...
    Works fine here.
    「明後日の夕方には帰ってるからね。」

Beans

Hello again Andrew, can this guide be used on Ubuntu Moblin Remix Developer Edition 9.10?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by macey; December 10th, 2009 at 02:40 AM.

Beans

Hi macey,

Quote Originally Posted by macey View Post
    can this guide be used on Ubuntu Moblin Remix Developer Edition 9.10?
    I am afraid that up until now I had not heard of this version of Ubuntu . Perhaps someone on this thread might know a little more about the svn MPlayer and this Ubuntu variant?

Andrew

Beans

Hi macey,

I am afraid that up until now I had not heard of this version of Ubuntu . Perhaps someone on this thread might know a little more about the svn MPlayer and this Ubuntu variant?

Andrew

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-moblin-remix/daily-live/current/

http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=376

http://moblin.org/community/blogs/im...ttops-its-here
    I think these last two links are referring to 9.04

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1279907
    Last edited by macey; December 11th, 2009 at 09:07 AM.

Beans

Hi viking,

Unfortunately no. The deb package produced by checkinstall is a little primitive and not suited to this purpose. To create such a package you would need to look into creating a formal package and for this most would look at modifying the files in the debian/ section of the source code. Unfortunately I have no experience in the creation of such packages, perhaps others on this thread can guide you?

Andrew
    I do a lot of packaging for the Mepislovers community repo, and once you get the hang of it, doing a "proper" deb package is much easier and works better than a checkinstall deb.

You can use this for a reference: http://www.mepis.org/docs/en/index.p...ntu_Repository

and ignore all the stuff about GPG signing and changing the name of the maintainer if you are just building personal proper debs.

The important things are installing the packaging tools, getting and extracting the source files (.dsc, .diff.gz, and the orig.tar.gz), installing the build-depends with the pbuilder command, then building the package(s). If you are making a new package from a new svn pull, rename the new source folder to reflect an update from the older one, then use the /debian folder from the older extracted source in the new source tarball, and update the /debian/changelog file to the new versioning. Since the source code may be different, patches in /debian/patches may no longer apply, and you will have to disable broken ones, or refresh them (but that's another topic).

Just use the "debuild binary" command to create the packages, since you don't need new source packages.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

For a more Ubuntu-centric guide:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/Complete
    「明後日の夕方には帰ってるからね。」

Beans

Thanks for the Ubuntu Guide---once you know what to type in, you can get a new package started building in less than a minute.

Beans

Hi,

A question from me for a change . Has anybody tried compiling the svn MPlayer against the external libass libraries here? I will admit that I am not entirely clear of the relationship between this external library and the internal libass that ships with the svn source. Any comments?

Andrew

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast