Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: Utilise the svn MPlayer to Improve Karmic Koala's 'mplayer-nogui' Package

Beans

Re: Howto: Utilise the svn MPlayer to Improve Karmic Koala's 'mplayer-nogui' Package

Hi Arup,

Quote Originally Posted by Arup View Post
    Actually for those without nvidia VDPAU, ffmpeg-mt is an excellent idea as then the cores get to do their job.
    It seemed fairly straightforward to compile it although I was a little puzzled when I saw that some have been manually patching the static FFmpeg that comes with MPlayer. And of course there seems to be not a great deal of information online about the so-called MPlayer-mt. This would be a great opportunity for somebody with a bit of knowledge and working experience with the multi-threaded version the chime in and let me know what mistakes I have made with this technique .

All the best,

Andrew
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans

Re: Howto: Utilise the svn MPlayer to Improve Karmic Koala's 'mplayer-nogui' Package

have you glanced thru here
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ight=ffmpeg-mt

(do you have a link to your svn thread handy?

Beans

Hi mc4man,

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    Oops I have accidentally intruded on another guide I suspect with that little runthrough . Now I finally remember that there is a wealth of guides for MPlayer on these forums: the one you have mentioned for MPlayer-mt, an excellent guide for MPlayer compiled with CoreAVC and I seem to remember another that deals in some depth with vdpau although my night-duty fatigue is blocking me from finding that one at the moment . It is great time to be using Ubuntu and MPlayer!

Andrew
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

It seems that with the latest svn update Mplayer has dropped support for vdpau with any driver older than 190 series which means using the stock 185 drivers that come with ubuntu 9.10 you will not have vdpau acceleration when compiling mplayer or on playback.
    So you will have to manually install the new drivers or use ffmeg-mt for smooth hidef playback.

Beans

give or take an -r (forgot yet again the svn com.) this would provide vdpau with 185 (though I'm sure many who use it will say upgrade to 190

svn checkout -r29821 svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk mplayer

It would probably only be viable for a bit, I believe when you co an -r you still get the current ffmpeg sync ( may be wrong there ...,?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by cor2y View Post
    It seems that with the latest svn update Mplayer has dropped support for vdpau with any driver older than 190 series which means using the stock 185 drivers that come with ubuntu 9.10 you will not have vdpau acceleration when compiling mplayer or on playback.
    So you will have to manually install the new drivers or use ffmeg-mt for smooth hidef playback.
    By default the libvdpau-dev file isn't installed on Ubuntu, installing it as Andrew suggests should get VDPAU even with latest mplayer compile.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

The only one available in the repos with univers and multiverse enabled is nvidia-185-libvdpau-dev and it doesnt work with mplayer SVN-r29843 you have to install the 190.42 driver to get vdpau output.

Beans
    Hidden!

This is news to me, I will check with nvidia forums, if someone is on the list of mplayer forums, they should check as well.

The ppa for nvidia-vdpau from Brandon Schneider contains mplayer with vdpau support for 185 drivers so I guess they will compile of probably and most likely he used older mplayer.

Have to admit that vdpau quality and playback with latest 190 drivers and latest mplayer is the best ever in terms of quality, even on a cheap 8400 series card.

Beans

.....you have to install the 190.42 driver to get vdpau output.
    As Andrew posted (committed a couple of days ago
    http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/...er/062838.html

Beans
    Hidden!

Thanks so then for latest mplayer compile requiring vdpau, 190xx series drivers should be a prerequisite then.

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast