Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: Utilise the svn MPlayer to Improve Karmic Koala's 'mplayer-nogui' Package

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Howto: Utilise the svn MPlayer to Improve Karmic Koala's 'mplayer-nogui' Package

Bonjour Andrews,

Thanks a lot for this very useful tuto, i make register only for thank's you,
    because my english is very poor and i since register on french forum.
    But i change my hardy for karmic and all Takes place well, only problems
    with mplayer that is my favorite player. And i found your post and now all
    is very good, all i try before don't work. The smlayer is stil more great than mplayer.
    Thank's you

Beans

Re: Howto: Utilise the svn MPlayer to Improve Karmic Koala's 'mplayer-nogui' Package

Hi Pahoo69,

I am glad that this guide has worked for you and extra glad that you have made such an effort to convey your thanks .

All the best,

Andrew
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Andrew

Thanks again for your tutorial! I have just reinstalled ubuntu and followed your tutorial to the letter! Everything worked perfectly! Just wanted to let you know that your work is GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you very much!
    Igor

Beans

Hi Igor,

Quote Originally Posted by gillza View Post
    I have just reinstalled ubuntu and followed your tutorial to the letter! Everything worked perfectly!
    Excellent news, and thank you for your kind words .

Andrew

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.46 View Post
    Hi Igor,

Excellent news, and thank you for your kind words .

Andrew
    Andrew,

I think I might have jinxed it I have noticed that if I pause / unpause the playback of a video file twice, it will not resume playing after the second time. The picture will twitch and stop (won't resume after 3rd time, won't even twitch ) It will only resume if I fast-forward or rewind using arrow keys.

I have compiled it following your instructions. My laptop is Fujitsu E8210 with ATI x1400 mobility radeon (ubuntu open-source driver), 2.0Ghz Core 2 duo cpu, 2gb ram.

Any hints to what I should look at in settings maybe?

P.S. VLC does not seem to have this issue.
    P.P.S. If I open the video without gui it works but sometime slows down during playback to almost freezing.

Thank you!

Beans

Hi gillza,

Quote Originally Posted by gillza View Post
    Any hints to what I should look at in settings maybe?
    I have not personally experienced this problem but I have read that others who have encountered this have resolved the issue by altering the output driver for sound to pulse.

Andrew

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.46 View Post
    Hi gillza,

I have not personally experienced this problem but I have read that others who have encountered this have resolved the issue by altering the output driver for sound to pulse.

Andrew
    Andrew,

Thanks again! Changing audio output solved the problem.

Thank you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hello,

I followed your instructions when I installed Karmic, and they worked perfectly! Thanks!

However.. I've upgraded to 10.04 now, and I wanted to recompile mplayer. I deleted my ~mplayer directory and did sudo apt-get install --reinstall on the prerequisites in your guide, but I get this error when I run make:

Code:
    gcc-4.3 -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef -Wdisabled-optimization -Wno-pointer-sign -Wdeclaration-after-statement -std=gnu99 -Wall -Wno-switch -Wpointer-arith -Wredundant-decls -O4 -march=native -mtune=native -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -Ilibdvdread4 -I.  -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/directfb -I/usr/include/     -D_REENTRANT    -I/usr/include/freetype2    -I/usr/include/schroedinger-1.0 -I/usr/include/liboil-0.3   -I/usr/lib/live/liveMedia/include                   -I/usr/lib/live/UsageEnvironment/include                   -I/usr/lib/live/BasicUsageEnvironment/include                   -I/usr/lib/live/groupsock/include -c -o libmpdemux/demux_rtp.o libmpdemux/demux_rtp.cpp
    cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wmissing-prototypes" is valid for Ada/C/ObjC but not for C++
    cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wno-pointer-sign" is valid for C/ObjC but not for C++
    cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wdeclaration-after-statement" is valid for C/ObjC but not for C++
    cc1plus: warning: command line option "-std=gnu99" is valid for C/ObjC but not for C++
    In file included from libmpdemux/demux_rtp.h:29,
                     from libmpdemux/demux_rtp.cpp:27:
    libmpdemux/demuxer.h: In function 'demux_packet_t* new_demux_packet(int)':
    libmpdemux/demuxer.h:264: error: invalid conversion from 'void*' to 'demux_packet_t*'
    libmpdemux/demuxer.h:275: error: invalid conversion from 'void*' to 'unsigned char*'
    libmpdemux/demuxer.h: In function 'void resize_demux_packet(demux_packet_t*, int)':
    libmpdemux/demuxer.h:286: error: invalid conversion from 'void*' to 'unsigned char*'
    libmpdemux/demuxer.h: In function 'demux_packet_t* clone_demux_packet(demux_packet_t*)':
    libmpdemux/demuxer.h:301: error: invalid conversion from 'void*' to 'demux_packet_t*'
    libmpdemux/demux_rtp.cpp: At global scope:
    libmpdemux/demux_rtp.cpp:89: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration
    make: *** [libmpdemux/demux_rtp.o] Error 1
    Any idea what I've done wrong? Thank you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I was able to complete the installation by running:
    Code:
    ./configure --cc=gcc-4.3 --confdir=/etc/mplayer --disable-live
    I followed the instructions on installing live555, I wonder what could be wrong?

Beans

Hi daffinito,

I am afraid that I have not really looked at Lucid yet and I suspect that I will wait for the release version which historically will be delayed as was the previous LTS. However I note that Lucid is using gcc 4.4.2 which the MPlayer developers have declared safe for MPlayer compilation so I would definitely omit:

Code:
    --cc=gcc-4.3
    and allow the default compiler to do the work. Perhaps try this first and see if the problem disappears otherwise I believe mc4man has been building MPlayer on Lucid with no problems and may have some input.

Edit: And I am experiencing the same error so I suspect compilation is temporarily broken, I note that mplayer-users has a report of the same. Just a matter of either patching the problem or waiting...

All the best,

Andrew
    Last edited by andrew.46; February 27th, 2010 at 03:04 AM.

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast