Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: Utilise the svn MPlayer to Improve Karmic Koala's 'mplayer-nogui' Package

Beans

Re: Howto: Utilise the svn MPlayer to Improve Karmic Koala's 'mplayer-nogui' Package

Hi StivnC,

Quote Originally Posted by StivnC View Post
    I tried uploading one to the forums but it says invalid file type but you can download a .3gp file from here
    http://www.free-3gp-video.com/3gp/20...t-bearing.html
    To upload to these forums just compress the file and it should be ok, the 'Upload' section will show what size the forums allow and the different formats. I was actually after the specific file that was causing you trouble rather than a generic 3gp sample .

Andrew
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans

Re: Howto: Utilise the svn MPlayer to Improve Karmic Koala's 'mplayer-nogui' Package

Hi mc4man,

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    Only because I happened to have a recent static libass for testing with vlc 1.0.4 I tried a quick build of todays svn which failed on libass.
    Looks like the MPlayer developers have attended to this issue and it now compiles cleanly. Now to play with it a little .

Andrew

Beans

MPlayer developers have attended to this issue and it now compiles cleanly
    that seemed like best solution rather than using older, patched -r's

I'd suggest (if doing on ubuntu), to build libass static only, if no issues then support will be built-in and no deps on a shared lib.

Beans

Unhappy Re: Howto: Utilise the svn MPlayer to Improve Karmic Koala's 'mplayer-nogui' Package

Bother! Now, somehow mencoder is broken.

dan@dan-desktop:~/temp$ mencoder
    mencoder: error while loading shared libraries: libx264.so.67: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can I build mencoder with these instructions? Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Beans

Oops! I'm sorry! This guide doesn't even INSTALL x264! Apologies! Nevertheless, I would be interested to hear if anybody got mencoder compiled.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Mencoder works fine here with Acidrip.

don't put disable --mencoder during ./compile and for install the line should read

sudo checkinstall -D --install=yes --fstrans=no --pakdir "$HOME/Desktop" \
    --pkgname mplayer-nogui --backup=no --deldoc=yes --deldesc=yes --delspec=yes --default \
    --pkgversion "3:1.0~svn-`grep "#define VERSION" version.h | cut -d"-" -f2`" --provides "mplayer,mencoder"

Beans

Hi helpdeskdan,

Quote Originally Posted by helpdeskdan View Post
    dan@dan-desktop:~/temp$ mencoder
    mencoder: error while loading shared libraries: libx264.so.67: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can I build mencoder with these instructions? Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
    You can build MEncoder by simply omitting the --disable-mencoder option and best to install a newer copy of libx264. I am running:
    Code:
    andrew@skamandros~$ x264 --version
    x264 0.80.131 3feaec2
    built on Dec 17 2009, gcc: 4.3.3
    so that copy of x264 on your system is fairly dated. You would also be best to add the development libraries for lame and faac so encoding to mp3 and aac respectively is possible. So with a bit of fiddling it is possible .

Andrew

Beans

Andrew -
    A few things I noticed w/ the vlc-git that I'd thought I'd mention if you haven't already seen, ect.

( on 12-30

if you open the playlist I don't yet see a way to then not have vlc open on playlist.
    If there isn't a gui setting, can be reset in ~/.config/vlc/vlc-qt-interface.conf w/ playlist-visible=0

Another handy thing is vlc's save playlist to file in either .m3u, .m3u8, .xspf
    For it to work the default qt interface needs to be changed, default and gtk are no good, cleanlooks and probably the rest are
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install qt4-qtconfig
    found in System -> Preferences

For cddb retreival on audio cd's the 'Album art download policy' should be set to 'as soon as track is added'
    (glad to see they accepted adding cddb2 to 1.0.3 in lucid

the dmo loader is dying a slow death, has regressed a bit further from 1.0.4, fortunately the much more useful wma3 is in avcodec.
    While i found a workaround for wmal, it's a bit unwieldly and none too important.

--http-caching seems to also be not as good as it should be, but that has happened since 1.0.X

For a few weeks about a month or so the latest live555 would not load in 1.0.3 or 4.
    It was possible to revert the patch that caused it, then live555 itself semi reverted and changed so reverting wasn't possible.

Are you finding the livemedia plugin for current loading properly ( vlc -vv will show if not

Also I believe ( have to ck.) that the new libass3 won't build in 1.0.X,, did you get it into the git?

Edit: what also could prove interesting is that the skins2 interface could prove useful for some who have issues with the qt4 one - though there are obviously limitations based on individual skin chosen
    Last edited by mc4man; December 31st, 2009 at 10:39 PM.

Beans

Hi mc4man,

Looks like I am without an Ubuntu installation for at least a little while and may be a little less active on these forums for a while as well. However I will build the git vlc on my remaining distro and investigate...

Andrew

Beans

for 2 of them
    Ctrl+l to close playlist

By default the audio cd device will be set to /dev/dvd, which while it will work tends to load tracks in wrong order. Needs to be changed in prefs. to /dev/cdrom or /dev/sr0 (or dev/cdrom1 or /dev/sr1
    Looks like I am without an Ubuntu installation for....
    That is unfortunate for the folks here, sounds like equipment failure ..?
    Last edited by mc4man; January 1st, 2010 at 09:30 PM.

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast