Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: Utilise the svn MPlayer to Improve Karmic Koala's 'mplayer-nogui' Package

Beans

Re: Howto: Utilise the svn MPlayer to Improve Karmic Koala's 'mplayer-nogui' Package

hi,

according to this
    -> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/...er/078440.html
    those libraries (and a lot more) are already in git mplayer, which is fairly easy to build
    Code:
    git clone git://repo.or.cz/mplayer-build.git
    cd mplayer-build/
    ./enable-mt
    ./init --shallow
    make

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Howto: Utilise the svn MPlayer to Improve Karmic Koala's 'mplayer-nogui' Package

Hi
    Thanks for the Howto, but i have a problem that the video plays too fast and the sound plays at the right speed.
    if you could help it would be great.
    Thanks
    StivnC

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by StivnC View Post
    Hi
    Thanks for the Howto, but i have a problem that the video plays too fast and the sound plays at the right speed.
    if you could help it would be great.
    Thanks
    StivnC
    Where does the video come from? A/V desynchronization usually means it has VFR which has not been handled correctly.
    「明後日の夕方には帰ってるからね。」

Beans

Hi t.alex,

Quote Originally Posted by t.alex View Post
    according to this
    -> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/...er/078440.html
    those libraries (and a lot more) are already in git mplayer, which is fairly easy to build
    It would be nice if the MPlayer developers could reach an understanding and absorb these changes into a single development stream...

Andrew
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Bachstelze View Post
    Where does the video come from? A/V desynchronization usually means it has VFR which has not been handled correctly.
    The video comes from my phone, it a .3gp file

Beans

Hi StivnC,

Quote Originally Posted by StivnC View Post
    The video comes from my phone, it a .3gp file
    Is this file small enough to post somewhere?

Andrew

Beans

compiling the svn MPlayer against the external libass libraries
    Only because I happened to have a recent static libass for testing with vlc 1.0.4 I tried a quick build of todays svn which failed on libass.

The git mplayer mentioned previously appears to use 0.9.8 libass and does build ok (but it is a fairly older -r of mplayer

The whole script build of the git is interesting though, as a side note amr will not be enabled in it and by default in karmic uses the 4.4 gcc.
    (though there are config files for both ffmpeg and mplayer where these things can be addressed.

On an even further side note the lucid gstreamer ugly plug in will support amr, though ironically the lucid libavcodec probably will not and by extension any repo player that uses libavcodec

Beans

Hi mc4man,

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    Only because I happened to have a recent static libass for testing with vlc 1.0.4 I tried a quick build of todays svn which failed on libass.
    Indeed it does . I have queried the MPlayer-users....

Andrew

Beans

Indeed it does...
    What's sorta interesting is that from your previous link you come upon a 'patched' mplayer to use with the current libass.

The bump in the road there is it has no ffmpeg sources, so you'd need to provide them in the source tree. Seems a bit of a pita to me, how you'd know what ffmpeg -r to use without building to see if sync was maintained..?

(obviously T&E would work, though I quess one could match the git to a date, ect.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew.46 View Post
    Is this file small enough to post somewhere?
    Andrew
    I tried uploading one to the forums but it says invalid file type but you can download a .3gp file from here
    http://www.free-3gp-video.com/3gp/20...t-bearing.html
    Thanks
    StivnC

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast