Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
henry_k, if you don't mind trying this package. To extract the file:
Code:
tar -xvjf prebuilt.tar.bz2
cd prebuilt
One of the files is the README.txt. It contains the instructions on how to install it.

For others who would like to try it, it is only for the 2.6.31-16-generic kernel on 64-bit Ubuntu. It contains the pre-build hid-ntrig.ko kernel module, a pre-patched linuxwacom-0.8.5-8 source, and hid-ids.h so that the linuxwacom source will compile. The README.txt file also contains what I am currently using in my xorg.conf file for the wacom configuration.

If this works, I will create a new installation page that contains the instructions for the changes along with providing the patches for those who want to compile it manually. I have tested this on my tx2 1025-dx laptop on 64-bit and have been able to rotate the screen and been able to use the stylus also.
Ayuthia, I have tested this package, and I am pleased to say that I can now shutdown my computer just fine. I do have a few comments, however. First, there is a slight typo in the README:
Code:
sudo cp hid-ntrig.ko /lib/mdules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/hid/
should be
Code:
sudo cp hid-ntrig.ko /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/hid/
Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
EDIT: It looks like I missed adding some .fdi files to the package. I have attached them at the end of this post. To extract this package:
Code:
tar -xvjf preprobe.tar.bz2
Now we need to create the folders in /etc/hal/fdi:
Code:
sudo mkdir /etc/hal/fdi/preprobe
sudo mkdir /etc/hal/fdi/preprobe/10osvendor
sudo mkdir /etc/hal/fdi/preprobe/20thirdparty
If the directories are already there, an error message will appear and that is ok.
I already had the /etc/hal/fdi/preprobe directory, but I needed to create the two subdirectories. Also, I am assuming that by
Code:
sudo cp preprobe/10osvendor/10-x11-input.fdi /etc/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/
sudo cp preprobe/20thirdparty/10-ntrig.fdi /etc/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/
you meant
Code:
sudo cp preprobe/10osvendor/10-x11-input.fdi /etc/hal/fdi/preprobe/10osvendor/
sudo cp preprobe/20thirdparty/10-ntrig.fdi /etc/hal/fdi/preprobe/20thirdparty/
Is this correct? Or did you intend for the 10osvendor and 20thirdparty directories to be created in the policy directory rather than the preprobe directory?

Finally, everything (stylus, touchscreen, tap-to-click, rotation, shutdown, suspend & resume) seems to work perfectly, with one exception: when the screen is rotated (to anything other than normal orientation), the touch doesn't respond quite right. Namely, after touching the screen the mouse jumps to some point on the left side of the screen. However, stylus works fine, and whenever I have the screen rotated it usually means I want to use the stylus anyway, so it's not a big deal. I just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for all the support.