Thread: *sigh* Suspend/Resume on Toshiba A200

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

*sigh* Suspend/Resume on Toshiba A200

Does anyone know much about suspend / resume and how to fix/troubleshoot problems with it?

If you have a look at my bug report here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/438470

Weird thing is that when I upgraded from Jaunty to Karmic, it started working great... but then I did a fresh install of Karmic and now it doesn't work again!!

So somehow it was working from the upgrade but not from a fresh install O.o
    Writer for OMG! Ubuntu!, Editor-in-Chief Ubuntu Gamer. Co-founder of media and software company Ohso.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: *sigh* Suspend/Resume on Toshiba A200

I faced this problem on my Toshiba A200 with Mobility Radeon HD 2600 two times. First time it happened on Debian with fglrx and second - on Ubuntu Karmic with fglrx. Moreover, calling fgl_glxgears and closing it always made my system hang.

Here I must notice that clean Karmic installation didn't have these problems. Initially there were no problem with susped or fgl_glxgears. But I don't remember at which point my machine failed to wake up first time.

I performed instructions from this page:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Troublesho...thRadeonDriver

Then I uninstalled xserver-xorg-video-ati, downloaded and installed Catalyst 9.11, and these two problems disappeared. Now my laptop correctly suspends and wakes up.

Hope, this will help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Really? Hmm. I've tried installing the 9.10 drivers about a million times, in all the different ways and I can't for the life of me get it to boot with those drivers. That's why I'm forced to use the open source drivers and live without suspend/resume.
    Writer for OMG! Ubuntu!, Editor-in-Chief Ubuntu Gamer. Co-founder of media and software company Ohso.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Open source drivers worked fine for me, no problem with suspend.

Recently I've noticed that bug with fgl_glxgears returned. glxgears works without any problems. Antialiasing and texture filtering settings in Catalyst did not affect rendering, so I moved to 9.10 driver. Now Catalyst settings work, but closing fgl_glxgears still makes my laptop hang.

When my system did not wake up, I had some red pixels on the screen, always in the same place, independently on whether backfill patch was installed or whether I used Ubuntu or Debian. I saw them and mouse pointer on a black screen, mouse didn't move. Now, when laptop is waking up, this picture appears and disappears in a split second, and finally appears password dialog.

Maybe, this will give a clue.