Thread: How do I get a theme included in Ubuntu?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

How do I get a theme included in Ubuntu?

I have created a new theme for GTK/Metacity. The theme is called "Kioo", the Swahili word for glass. The theme can be found here. I've attached two screenshots to this post, the first is the theme displayed in The Widget Factory and the second is a screenshot of the panel.

I would very much like this theme to be considered for inclusion into a future Ubuntu release. How do I go about getting that done?
    Last edited by ardchoille42; April 20th, 2010 at 11:04 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: How do I get a theme included in Ubuntu?

Get the theme on incoming wiki for ubuntu LL. Then you need to contact ubuntu-art mailing list about inclusion of the theme in community themes package. If it becomes quite popular, hopefully in MM it will be included by default. This is what happened to dust/new wave, and is happening to impression etc.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by shafin View Post
    Get the theme on incoming wiki for ubuntu LL. Then you need to contact ubuntu-art mailing list about inclusion of the theme in community themes package. If it becomes quite popular, hopefully in MM it will be included by default. This is what happened to dust/new wave, and is happening to impression etc.
    Thank you! I'll follow your advice

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Looks good.
    Last edited by Isaacgallegos; October 29th, 2009 at 11:26 AM.