Thread: Battery Critically Low -> shutdown

Beans

Exclamation Battery Critically Low -> shutdown

I just upgraded to Karmic Koala (beta) and noticed a bug - my laptop battery (HP Pavillion zt3000) has decent battery lasts me about ~1 hour regularly. But ever since I upgraded to Koala When I disconnect the power it displays that I have estimated power of about 1:32 minutes but almost within 30 seconds it displays a LAPTOP BATTERY CRITICALLY LOW and following which enters the laptop into sleep/hibernation mode

its very irritating as I cannot move the laptop for the fear of going into a forced shutdown. I did recalibrate the battery from BIOS but it made no difference, Any help will be appreciated / or shold it be a bug report

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Battery Critically Low -> shutdown

Wait until Karmic is released, then update. If the problem is still there then you should definitely open a bug report.

Beans

Re: Battery Critically Low -> shutdown

Well - I just upgraded to the official release - and the battery bug still exists - the criticall low message appears within 30 seconds of unplugging the power and goes into quick shut down

Prior to the upgrade (9.04) I have not had such a problem and the battery lasts ~ and hour

Any work around

Thanks