Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: rbpitch: Rhythmbox Pitch/Tempo Shifting

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio Development Release

Re: rbpitch: Rhythmbox Pitch/Tempo Shifting

Has the software changed locations? I followed the link above to the PPA and did the add, only aptitude update gives me a 404 error on this

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/smcnam/rbpi...source/Sources 404 Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/smcnam/rbpi...-i386/Packages 404 Not Found

did I miss a memo?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by teledyn View Post
    Has the software changed locations? I followed the link above to the PPA and did the add, only aptitude update gives me a 404 error on this

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/smcnam/rbpi...source/Sources 404 Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/smcnam/rbpi...-i386/Packages 404 Not Found

did I miss a memo?
    If you're running Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise), please stop trying to download rbpitch from the PPA. The packages aren't there, so of course you're going to get a 404 not found error. I haven't uploaded the packages for Ubuntu 12.04. The packages don't exist. Creating them takes time -- time I don't have right now. I figured providing working source code would be enough for most people to muddle through the simple compilation instructions and get it installed and working... over here I've been able to run it on Ubuntu 12.04 and on Fedora 17.

The only way (right now) to run rbpitch on Ubuntu 12.04 Precise is to compile it from source code. There are already instructions in this thread and elsewhere on how to do that. It's not any more complicated than any other program that uses autoconf/automake, you just have to have the right dependency packages installed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I have downloaded the code using bzr. I had to copy a number of files from /usr/include/gstreamer-0.10/gst/pbutils/ to /usr/include/gst/pbutils/ as that is where make seems to expect them but I now get errors in the C files (I think) which I do not know enough about to fix easily. Can you point me in the right direction.
    I believe I have all the right dependencies (although some done by trial and error).
    I have run ./configure --prefix=/usr with no errors but when running make I get :

brian@notebook:~/rbpitch$ make
    make all-recursive
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/brian/rbpitch'
    Making all in src
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/brian/rbpitch/src'
    CC librbpitch_la-rbpitch-plugin.lo
    In file included from /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gdk/gdk.h:31:0,
    from /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gtk/gtk.h:30,
    from /usr/include/libpeas-1.0/libpeas-gtk/peas-gtk-configurable.h:25,
    from /usr/include/libpeas-1.0/libpeas-gtk/peas-gtk.h:23,
    from rbpitch-plugin.c:31:
    /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gdk/gdkversionmacros.h:137:6: error: missing binary operator before token "("
    /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gdk/gdkversionmacros.h:145:5: error: missing binary operator before token "("
    /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gdk/gdkversionmacros.h:148:5: error: missing binary operator before token "("
    /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gdk/gdkversionmacros.h:154:5: error: missing binary operator before token "("
    /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gdk/gdkversionmacros.h:162:5: error: missing binary operator before token "("
    /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gdk/gdkversionmacros.h:168:5: error: missing binary operator before token "("
    /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gdk/gdkversionmacros.h:176:5: error: missing binary operator before token "("
    /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gdk/gdkversionmacros.h:182:5: error: missing binary operator before token "("
    /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gdk/gdkversionmacros.h:190:5: error: missing binary operator before token "("
    In file included from /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gtk/gtkwindow.h:33:0,
    from /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gtk/gtkdialog.h:33,
    from /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gtk/gtkaboutdialog.h:30,
    from /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gtk/gtk.h:31,
    /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gtk/gtkapplication.h:77:1: error: unknown type name 'GMenuModel'
    /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gtk/gtkapplication.h:80:49: error: unknown type name 'GMenuModel'
    /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gtk/gtkapplication.h:83:1: error: unknown type name 'GMenuModel'
    /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gtk/gtkapplication.h:86:49: error: unknown type name 'GMenuModel'
    In file included from /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gtk/gtklabel.h:35:0,
    from /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gtk/gtkaccellabel.h:36,
    from /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gtk/gtk.h:33,
    /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gtk/gtkmenu.h:119:44: error: unknown type name 'GMenuModel'
    In file included from /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gtk/gtk.h:132:0,
    /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gtk/gtkmenubar.h:73:42: error: unknown type name 'GMenuModel'
    /home/brian/rbpitch/src/rbpitch-plugin.vala: In function 'rb_pitch_plugin_display_error':
    /home/brian/rbpitch/src/rbpitch-plugin.vala:856:2: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments [-Wformat-security]
    make[2]: *** [librbpitch_la-rbpitch-plugin.lo] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/brian/rbpitch/src'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/brian/rbpitch'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

I am running 12.04 on a Dell Inspiron 9400
    Thanks

Beans

rbpitch for 12.04 and 12.10 has been released, as of today. It's available in the PPA repository.

1. In the terminal, enter the following lines:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:smcnam/rbpitch-release

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install rbpitch

2. In Rhythmbox, go to the Plugins manager via the Edit -> Plugins menu. Make sure the checkbox next to "Pitch and Tempo Shifting" is checked.

And that's it -- it should then be enabled!

Feel free to report any bugs at http://launchpad.net/rbpitch .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio Development Release

YAY!

we've been waiting hundreds of years for this

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Wink Re: rbpitch: Rhythmbox Pitch/Tempo Shifting

Brilliant! Many thanks for this - I never did get it to compile form source.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112