Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel Ubuntu Karmic comming up!

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

How do you feel Ubuntu Karmic comming up!

Ubuntu karmic coming up in a few hours! How do you feel about it and will you upgrade right away?

Applies to all varriants

Beans

Re: How do you feel Ubuntu Karmic comming up!

it is the best linux distribution ever but the real change will happen 6 monthes later with gnome 3

Beans

The only good thing I'm aware of personally, is that it has caused AMD/ATi to get their act together & produce an acceptable "catalyst version 9.10" set of packages.

Which is certainly better than the drivers that they have been producing for many months (at least).

AMD/ATi officially support Ubuntu, which is the only reason they had to get their RR's into gear & actually come up with something that wasn't as buggy as all of the recent catalyst releases have been.

Anyway, the open-source substitutes are fast approaching...
    Last edited by handy; October 28th, 2009 at 09:17 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have been running beta version with no trouble (grub 2 ,ext4) and yes will update.I think the next 12 months will be more exciting BRING IT ON

Also gnome 3 should be good tried gnome shell and loved it
    Last edited by windowless; October 28th, 2009 at 09:14 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

To be honest I don't think I will be returning to Ubuntu [yet]. I like Sabayon 5 just fine. However, I'm going to throw Ubuntu on my mothers 2ndary computer (her primary is a Mac).
    Join me in my "No Thread Left Behind Act", the quest to leave no thread unanswered
    http://www.facebook.com/patrick.gunsolley
    Kubuntu 10.04 - Primary OS, Fedora 13 Rawhide Tester

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

A few hours? Really? Heh, I thought it was longer then that. I'm being completely serious here, I thought it was being released tonight... but I'm in EST time, could someone tell me when it will actually be released?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

You're right. The OP is from the future.

I have a little over 24 hours left.
    Join me in my "No Thread Left Behind Act", the quest to leave no thread unanswered
    http://www.facebook.com/patrick.gunsolley
    Kubuntu 10.04 - Primary OS, Fedora 13 Rawhide Tester

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarrem View Post
    A few hours? Really? Heh, I thought it was longer then that. I'm being completely serious here, I thought it was being released tonight... but I'm in EST time, could someone tell me when it will actually be released?
    This issue came up during the release of Jaunty. I'm also in the eastern time zone.. I waited up to midnight (believing that the world revolves around my timezone) expecting the magic to be released. But it didn't happen.

So then I waiting for central time... mountain time... and so on... I got tired at like 4 or 5am EST and went to sleep and downloaded in the morning. Maybe they used Hawaii time? or whatever is next to the date line.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by diaco View Post
    it is the best linux distribution ever but the real change will happen 6 monthes later with gnome 3
    GNOME 3 will not be added in the LTS version even if the hobbits manage to finish it.

The only promise I was looking forward to was the redesign which they said was going to be done by "designers" they "hired". We now know it was all BS and they haven't done **** on the design worth mentioning. With so many advice and people willing to help on the design, canonical chooses to ignore and point the middle finger at the community.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I feel happy! ^_^
    Registered Ubuntu user #28880

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast