Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 days till Karmic!! 2 DAYS TILL KARMIC!!!! ^_^

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: 2 days till Karmic!! 2 DAYS TILL KARMIC!!!! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by RichardLinx View Post
    I wish I had a second computer which I could use for messing around with things on. As it is my computer isn't powerful enough for running an OS smoothly enough in a VM. Why oh why must I actually need a stable machine! Seriously, it sucks. I want to play around with other OS's and applications, but I can't.

Shinternet is also an obstacle.
    what is the problem with dual booting? I don't really need a mega stable machine so I just dual boot Ubuntu Karmic and XP, and usually at least one works xD

To be fair though unless something unusual happens Ubuntu is solid as a rock
    Registered Ubuntu user #28880

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by hoppipolla View Post
    Fine, I won't be enthusiastic o.O
    Enthusiasm before a release is good! I wish I could be as enthusiastic about the release of an operating system. Some how the excitement just vanished for me. "Oh, another Ubuntu release..." instead of "OMG new features this is going to be awesome!"

You make it semi exciting again, cheers to you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Enthusiasm before a release is good! I wish I could be as enthusiastic about the release of an operating system. Some how the excitement just vanished for me. "Oh, another Ubuntu release..." instead of "OMG new features this is going to be awesome!"

You make it semi exciting again, cheers to you.
    hehe thanks! Well Karmic is just a big release for me! I've never been on the betas and stuff before and there also seem to be a lot of cool improvements for this release! Additionally, we're only 1 away from what I feel be a truly excellent LTS release. Lucid should be something quite special too

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by hoppipolla View Post
    what is the problem with dual booting? I don't really need a mega stable machine so I just dual boot Ubuntu Karmic and XP, and usually at least one works xD

To be fair though unless something unusual happens Ubuntu is solid as a rock
    Limited HDD space. I only have a 120GB internal hard drive and 120GB external. With all the multimedia files I have, it's a lot of space used up.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

i'm 9.10 beta tester so can i upgrade to a stable version without downloading it after 2days its stable if possible how to ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Limited HDD space. I only have a 120GB internal hard drive and 120GB external. With all the multimedia files I have, it's a lot of space used up.
    Fair do's Seriously though man you wouldn't believe how little space I have too! I have a whole (wait for it...) 80gig! Wow! Welcome to what... 2004? xD

Thing is though at the moment I have no huge need to increase my space, my first 40gig disk is split between XP and Karmic, and my second is just formatted as ext3 and I use it for any old junk! It's a messy machine but it does what it needs to

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by kasrawis View Post
    i'm 9.10 beta tester so can i upgrade to a stable version without download it after 2days its stable if possible how to ?
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
    「明後日の夕方には帰ってるからね。」

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by kasrawis View Post
    i'm 9.10 beta tester so can i upgrade to a stable version without downloading it after 2days its stable if possible how to ?
    I think you just wait

I could be wrong but I think it's all automatic!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I too am really excited, they have finally started doing the stuff that I have been moaning about on the artwork wiki for ages and it rocks
    Free as in freedom, not as in beard.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Bring it on!!

This is my 6th release and it still is exciting. An Ubuntu release...being on the forums, IRC, its all good.

Why?

Thousand upon thousands have contributed to Ubuntu and the whole of Linux to make this happen. It is a celebration to those people who have devoted their spare time to make this happen. I still find it amazing.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast