Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: Keyring passwords visible after login without second password prompt

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Keyring passwords visible after login without second password prompt

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    I'm running a fairly fresh Natty install on three different systems, On one I don't see any passwords, on the system I'm on right now, It doesn't show my login password, but it does show passwords for pdf's and forum logins. It seems to only list saved passwords. On the system that doesn't show any passwords, I don't have any saved passwords.
    So it sounds like the 'old' behaviour. I don't believe it ever showed your login password, just saved passwords for forums etc.

I was just interested because a few people said this behaviour had changed, which it clearly hasn't for the end user. But maybe it has upstream somewhere.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by oldmankit View Post
    I was just interested because a few people said this behaviour had changed, which it clearly hasn't for the end user. But maybe it has upstream somewhere.
    Just tried this on fresh Ubuntu 12.04, still shows passwords in clear text with no prompt for 'sudo' password.

<sigh>

Epic fail.

Code:
    sudo apt-get remove seahorse
    Still annoys me that ubuntu-desktop relies on this weak package though.
    Revera linguam latinam vix cognovi

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142