Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Microsoft loses another one

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Microsoft loses another one

Quote Originally Posted by manoriax View Post
    And no service hotline that does not take your problems seriously.

The difference between MS Support and Ubuntu support.

MS has a BOT which can hardly understand you, and after 20 minutes, you get dumped on somebody who's not in the nation, who charges you if you're out of warranty by 5 seconds.

Ubuntu's got live people all over the place who are willing to help you, for free. We've got phone, chat and forum (here) support. No half witted bots here...or i need to go hunting.

Enjoy Ubuntu.
    "The invention of time travel may in the future save humanity, by teaching the world to avoid the tragic mistakes of the past."
    - Dr. Eliot Sinclair

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Blackwood View Post

MS has a BOT which can hardly understand you, and after 20 minutes, you get dumped on somebody who's not in the nation, who charges you if you're out of warranty by 5 seconds.

Ubuntu's got live people all over the place who are willing to help you, for free. We've got phone, chat and forum (here) support. No half witted bots here...or i need to go hunting.

Enjoy Ubuntu.
    I am not a regular MS user but when I called I was never charged for help.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Blackwood View Post

Enjoy Ubuntu.
    I have never had to contact M$, and never do I want to
    I have had to contact ubuntu users, and i would do it again even if need doesnt be.

i have had many unresolved errors with windows,
    ubuntu has only served me a couple of problems

windows i have to go searching online for software thats going to cost me money that linux has built in for free.

sudo say "I am a PC, but i run ubuntu."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Win XP works fine... but I find Ubuntu much better (stability, >>pragmatic functions<<, look, etc). I don't use it because it's free, but because it's better. I think the only reason for ubuntu not being so widely used is that it lacks commercial advertisements, so the average user doesn't even know about it.
    Enjoy using Ubuntu... (and maybe win xp for specific programs that you can't run with wine)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I got a laptop recently with win vista on with a free upgrade to win 7. Needless to say I am running Ubuntu in dual boot. It seems however that want to charge me £13 ($26) postage and packaging for it!!! Do you reckon its work it. I have had the Windows 7 beta then RC on my desktop and it seems ok, so is it worth upgrading?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

If you paid for the rights to use the software it is by my understanding legal to install it by a downloaded copy. You could always torrent a pre-cracked copy (yes, they're already around and pass WGA) and try installing that.

Beans

@MadnessRed
    I'd say that win7 is way more than $26 dollars better than Vista. It'll manage your memory and CPU access (if you have a multi core processor) much better than Vista ever dared.

Beans
    Distro

Glad to hear microsoft lost another user sorry they
    treated you that way i don't think you'll be treated
    like that here.Ubuntu will do so much more and it's
    free,a lot better and they'll even send you a free cd
    if you would like them to.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ST3ALTHPSYCH0 View Post
    @MadnessRed
    I'd say that win7 is way more than $26 dollars better than Vista. It'll manage your memory and CPU access (if you have a multi core processor) much better than Vista ever dared.
    ok thanks

Beans

I usually have to re-image my computer running XP every six months or so. Somehow with windows it gets bogged down with spyware, viruses and what ever else.

However, when I got sick of re-imaging all the time. I switched to Ubuntu and ran it for 2 years straight without re-imaging it.
    i love ubuntu but unfortunately it doesn't run some of my fav programs even with wine running.

so now i have both windows and ubuntu running. good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12