Thread: g-pen f610 tablet

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Question g-pen f610 tablet

I've got a Genius tablet G-pen F610 and I have some problems with installation.

I'm follow the steps from here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/TabletSetupWizardpen and I'm stuck with this code:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
                <deviceinfo version="0.2">
                <device>
                    <!-- This MUST match with the name of your tablet obtained -->
                    <!-- in Step 2 specified previously                        -->
                    <match key="info.product" contains="NAME OF YOUR TABLET">
                    <merge key="input.x11_driver" type="string">wizardpen</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.SendCoreEvents" type="string">true</merge>

<!-- Modify these configuration accordingly -->
                    <!-- See CONFIGURATION OPTIONS section for the full-set of -->
                    <!-- configurable options                                  -->
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopX" type="string">5619</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopY" type="string">6554</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomX" type="string">29405</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomY" type="string">29671</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxX" type="string">29405</merge>
                    <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxY" type="string">29671</merge>
                    </match>
                </device>
                </deviceinfo>
    I'm not so skilled with the terminal and I don't know what to write in for the topX, topY, bottomX, bottomY, maxX and maxY.
    I guess name of my tablet is just G-pen, or should I write in the whole name?

Thanks in advance
    Don't worry. Be happy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: g-pen f610 tablet

You should be using the wacom drivers. They're better for the wizard pen as it's a waltop tablet.
    See this post.
    It would be best if you read what was happening. Here's the specific page.