Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Experiences with Asus UL30

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Experiences with Asus UL30

How are people coming along with 12.04 on the Asus ul30a?

A lot of things seem to work perfect straight away and from pressing the power button it only takes 15s to boot with a SSD! Also the camera is the right way round and the touchpad works great. The only issue for me is the backlight doesn't seem to auto dimm instantally when I switch from mains to battery power. Has any one else had this issue? It does dim when inactive for about a minute but brightenes back up when you move the cursor.

I added acpi_backlight=vendor after quiet splash in the /etc/default/grub file which sorts the function keys and notifications out, (as discussed in earlier posts on this thread), but I'm not sure how to sort out the lack of auto dimming.
    Last edited by cb_rex; June 1st, 2012 at 06:49 PM.

Beans

Hi,

I'm running 12.04 on my UL30a with very few problems. I've not noticed the auto dim moving from AC to battery, but I don't do that very often. I'll check.

I do have an issue where I can't write to any SD cards or USB sticks that I connect. I'm sure I didn't have this issue in older versions. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mlpinto View Post
    Hi,

I'm running 12.04 on my UL30a with very few problems. I've not noticed the auto dim moving from AC to battery, but I don't do that very often. I'll check.

I do have an issue where I can't write to any SD cards or USB sticks that I connect. I'm sure I didn't have this issue in older versions. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    Just to chime in and say I'm seeing the same problem after and upgrade from 10.04 -> 12.04.

I was able to use and SD or SDHC card on in the media bay in 10.04 just minutes before the switchover. I haven't tried a stick yet, but saw the problem with an IPOD nano that worked fine in 10.04.

I just upgraded, so if I get a chance to troubleshoot it this weekend, I'll post the result here.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435