Thread: Can't burn CDs.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Can't burn CDs.

Hello all, I just acquired a new PC from my friend's mom. It has a CD burner and as far as they know it worked fine when they gave it to me. When she used to computer she was running Windows XP. I'm currently running 8.04 LTS on it now.

I've tried multiple different burning software, includeing Brasero and "Places" => "CD/DVD Creator". Brasero gives me and error log which I have saved as a text document. It was 20 KB, which exceeded the max size of a text document (by like 1 KB) so I had to .zip it. Also, the disk drive reads CDs just fine. I've tested on multiple CDs (data and music). No issues with reading. Anyone know what is going on? If you need more information tell me what and how to get it.

Thanks,
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Can't burn CDs.

Bump

Edit: I just came back to bump this thread again today, but I tested the drive again since I recently did a fresh install of 9.10. The drive no longer reads any of the discs that I put into it. Maybe the drive was on it's way out a couple week ago when I posted this thread? Anyway, I'm marking this thread [SOLVED].
    Last edited by Powerman2442; February 10th, 2010 at 02:37 AM.