I have this webcam, and followed the instructions, and it works under Ekiga and Cheese - but nothing else. Problem is I need to be able to run under something that allows recording in AVI format, and that I can change the gain, brightness, contrast, colour balance, etc. before recording. Tried gMplayer, Camorama, wxAstroCapture, XawTV, and they either do nothing or crash. Resolution is 1600 x 1280 (on chip & image on XP) or 1280 x 960 (video on XP). Can record in Cheese to ogv format - but need AVI (or MPEG at least) - as I need to push the frames through registax (or equivalent).

EasyCam picks up as Sonix USB 2.0 Camera (Acer Aspire 5050 or HP Pavillion DV6000 notebooks). It is Trust WB-8200B. Video (ogv) and JPEG shown as 1600 x 1280 (frame rate for video about 15 fps, which is fine for my needs).

Anybody with some knowledge of astrophotography with webcams who might be able to give more information about how to feed this through to astro software will be greatly appreciated, as next step once I've got camera working properly is to hook-up to telescope.

Mish