Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NVidia Display size

Beans

Re: NVidia Display size

Perfect! Thanks again!

//T

Beans

Sorry, but now there's another problem, I can't mae the settings stick. When I restart, the screen is back to the way it was before. As soon as I even start the nVidia X Server Settings though, the settings take effect...

//

Beans
    Hidden!

Try nvidia-settings as root and save the changes to xorg.

Code:
    gksu nvidia-settings
    then make the changes and click "save to X configuration file"

Beans

Yeah, I had already saved the settings.

I found an option to running nvidia-settings from the command line: -l, that just loads the settings and then exits, which it says is "useful for putting in your .xinitrc"

I tried putting "nvidia-settings -l" in ~/.xinitrc, ~/xsession and in two places in /etx/X11/xinit/initrc/, but noting worked. In the end I added it to my "startup applications", which finally worked.

Kind of ugly, but hey...

//T

Beans

Question Re: NVidia Display size

Quote Originally Posted by ojve View Post
    Yeah, I had already saved the settings.

I found an option to running nvidia-settings from the command line: -l, that just loads the settings and then exits, which it says is "useful for putting in your .xinitrc"

I tried putting "nvidia-settings -l" in ~/.xinitrc, ~/xsession and in two places in /etx/X11/xinit/initrc/, but noting worked. In the end I added it to my "startup applications", which finally worked.

Kind of ugly, but hey...

//T
    For the sake of others who will seek an answer in the future, by what means did you do that? I mean, was it the command only put in the "startup applications" list, or did you make a script and call it from "startup applications"?
    rippin

Beans

I added an entry in my Startup applications, and set the command field to: nvidia-settings -l

When you run nvidia-settings there is an option to save the configuration to file. The save dialog will be set on the default config-file name, which is the file being loaded wny the command above.I think you might have to do this before the fix works, but I'm not sure since I don't know if the file was there before I saved it.

try nvidia-settings --help or man nvidia-settings for more options.

//T

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12