Thread: mount point HDRIVE does not exist

Beans

mount point HDRIVE does not exist

Just to show how bonehead I am I can't even find what Ubuntu I'm running I think it is 8.04 but maybe 8.10. I have a Seacrate 250 Gig that was in an external usb case. It (usb) quit and I know better than try to fix in *******. On the other hand I haven't used Unix for 19 years and my mind is not what it used to be....

When at:
    :~$ sudo mount -t ntfs-3g/dev/sdb1 /media/EXT HDRIVE -o force

Returns:
    mount: mount point HDRIVE does not exist

With the excption of sudo the rest was in an error message, that basically said the drives log says it was not shutdown properly in *******. I kinda think the space or what ever ******* had there between EXT and HDRIVE did it to me.

T
    So I'm sorta asking what now, Ollie?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: mount point HDRIVE does not exist

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead_64 View Post
    Just to show how bonehead I am I can't even find what Ubuntu I'm running I think it is 8.04 but maybe 8.10. I have a Seacrate 250 Gig that was in an external usb case. It (usb) quit and I know better than try to fix in *******. On the other hand I haven't used Unix for 19 years and my mind is not what it used to be....

When at:
    :~$ sudo mount -t ntfs-3g/dev/sdb1 /media/EXT HDRIVE -o force

Returns:
    mount: mount point HDRIVE does not exist

With the excption of sudo the rest was in an error message, that basically said the drives log says it was not shutdown properly in *******. I kinda think the space or what ever ******* had there between EXT and HDRIVE did it to me.

T
    So I'm sorta asking what now, Ollie?
    Yeah - spaces in directory names causes problems for a lot of commands. But there's a simple solution: Wrap the parameter with the space in it with quotation marks
    Code:
    sudo mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sdb1 "/media/EXT HDRIVE" -o force
    Lloyd B.
    Don't tell me to get a life.
    I had one once.
    It sucked.

Beans

Re: mount point HDRIVE does not exist

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd_b View Post
    Yeah - spaces in directory names causes problems for a lot of commands. But there's a simple solution: Wrap the parameter with the space in it with quotation marks
    Code:
    Lloyd B.
    Thanks, I think I'm done now. I ran the below then again with just "EXT HDRIVE" in quotes with same basic result no such.... So I thought maybe it'll mount from places. Glory be it did, and I can read and play the files in the recycler. The rest of the drive all 232g of it appear empty??? Guess the failure erased all but recycler and system volume info folders. "That's life".

T

[sudo] password for thebird:
    $LogFile indicates unclean shutdown (0, 0)
    WARNING: Forced mount, reset $LogFile.
    fuse: failed to access mountpoint /media/EXT HDRIVE: No such file or directory