Thread: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 2200BG story just keeps getting worse

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Unhappy Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 2200BG story just keeps getting worse

I am hoping it is not just me. But, my wireless woes keep getting worse.

It started around Alpha 5 when wireless connection was spotty and would disconnect randomly. Wireless would not connect if I was too far away from the router, but once established, I could move away. Now it is at a point where wireless connection is not established at all. Even when the laptop is right next to the router (99% signal strength as indicated in nm-tool output attached).

I have opened a bug on launchpad (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...er/+bug/450097), but it hasn't received much attention!

Here's the lspci output pertaining to the wireless hardware:

Code:
    02:0b.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 2200BG [Calexico2] Network Connection (rev 05)
    	Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device 2751
    	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV+ VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    	Latency: 64 (750ns min, 6000ns max), Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
    	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 9
    	Region 0: Memory at e0206000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    	Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2
    		Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
    	Kernel driver in use: ipw2200
    	Kernel modules: ipw2200
    Attached are outputs of nm-tool and iwevent/daemon logs when the wireless connection fails. The access point I am trying to connect to is 'chord' (00:0D:88:BC:47:B9). It uses WPA2 Personal security and SSID broadcast is disabled. It is a D-Link DI-624 wireless router.

I am wondering if anyone else with similar hardware is running into these issues or can help me with mine. TIA.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My Blog
    Ubuntu 13.04 desktop - Asus p5k-e Wi-fi/AP with Nvidia 8400GS, 64-bit
    Debian 'Testing' desktop - Asus p5k-e Wi-fi/AP with Nvidia 8400GS, 64-bit, Gnome Shell
    Debian 7.0 'Wheezy' laptop - Sony VAIO VGN-T140P, OpenBox, webserver

Beans
    Distro

Re: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 2200BG story just keeps getting worse

Is there a good way to isolate router issues? My router is pretty old. However, a Mac connects to it over wireless too. The Mac's wireless connection is not completely without issues, but it connects and works most of the time.

I tried Jolicloud LiveCD on this laptop I am having issues with - and it connected just fine. That leads me to believe that both router and laptop's wireless hardware are in good shape.
    My Blog
    Debian 'Testing' desktop - Asus p5k-e Wi-fi/AP with Nvidia 8400GS, 64-bit, Gnome Shell

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

My 2200BG is working fine, I'm not hiding my SSID though and I am connecting to a Netgear WGR614.

Beans
    Distro

Thanks for confirming that.

I should probably play with the router wireless settings. May be try out a new router.

It still bothers me that Jolicloud could connect to the same network, with the same hardware, effortlessly, but not Karmic. I am sure Jaunty will too - I am going to try that soon.
    My Blog